babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Brand New 2015 Evoque Prestige Ambient Lighting question..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Enjoying my new Evoque, just brought it home last Friday evening. Question though, not addressed in the OM, but where are the ambient lights supposed to be in the cabin? The only ones I see are in the small cubby behind the center stack, (not really a very usable space to be honest), and the front door panel storage areas? Can this be right, no ambient lighting in the rear seat, lower rear console bottom? My Ford Fusion has ambient lighting in all 4 door panel storage spaces, and in the bottom of the center console to light up the rear floor for rear passengers...seems strange that a vehicle of this stature would only have the three ambient lighting areas?
That is correct. Ambient lighting in the 'fireplace' and on the door casings.
(04-03-2015 08:13am)super7 Wrote: [ -> ]That is correct. Ambient lighting in the 'fireplace' and on the door casings.

Thanks for the confirmation super, at least I know they are working properly!
(04-03-2015 06:27am)HotLap Wrote: [ -> ]Enjoying my new Evoque, just brought it home last Friday evening. Question though, not addressed in the OM, but where are the ambient lights supposed to be in the cabin? The only ones I see are in the small cubby behind the center stack, (not really a very usable space to be honest), and the front door panel storage areas? Can this be right, no ambient lighting in the rear seat, lower rear console bottom? My Ford Fusion has ambient lighting in all 4 door panel storage spaces, and in the bottom of the center console to light up the rear floor for rear passengers...seems strange that a vehicle of this stature would only have the three ambient lighting areas?

Yup I hear ya. I had ambient lighting in a focus St that was far better than the evoque. Shame really. It's a great cabin so a little more would have been cool
(05-03-2015 01:26am)genericd Wrote: [ -> ]Yup I hear ya. I had ambient lighting in a focus St that was far better than the evoque. Shame really. It's a great cabin so a little more would have been cool

Agreed!
Don't worry about it, you'll get over changing it and it will stick on plain old white! It's a bit like the red instrument lighting in Dynamic mode, you tire of the cheesiness of it. With my 2014 Dynamic the combo of the 9 speed and the paddles means I very very rarely use the dynamic setting on the TR anyway. I suppose it could be worse and we could have had Honda-esque green dash lights when in eco mode.........
Reference URL's