babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Increase the bhp?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone planning to increase the bhp by remapping the ECU?
Contact forum member Pete Bell. Pete posts as Bell Auto Services, is a forum sponsor and is writing a remap for the Evoque at the moment. His re-maps for TDv6 & TDv8 engines are held in high regard by members on the Disco3/disco4/RRS forums
Does remapping affect the warranty at all? Never had anything like this done before, what kind of performance gains are possible?
from my limited knowledge, i know that it is pretty hard to notice the modification to the ECU. such, it shouldn't affect the warranty but, i reckon your dealer will take that as an excuse to void your warranty.

the benefits are:

easy to remap ECU...plug and the computer do the magic
increased horsepower & torque
reduction of fuel consumption
easy to restore to original factory settings
Remapping will totally destroy your warranty, there are several letters to dealers available on other forums about Land Rover's view on remaps.
Will remapping not also have an impact on the terrain response effectiveness? Surely the stock ECU mapping and TR settings are calibrated and changing the ECU may have unintended consequences when using TR (too much power in snow mode etc.)
Yes Berlin and if you have a diesel it will also destroy your DPF as that is also electronically connected to the engine ECU. In the UK having an emissions control system (cat and DPF) that are not working correctly means a fail on the Government vehicle test - this year the rules have changed regarding these and it looks like my 16 year old Defender that left the factory with the optional Cat fitted and was removed at 8 years old when I needed to replace it will have to have one refitted for next year's test and it will cost££££££££££££££££££'s to do it
It will be interesting to see what Kahn and Overfinch come out with as well as others such as JE Engineering!
At least with Overfinch and Kahn, if you only want a set of wheels then you can have just a set of wheels - they don't just do engine tuning but also interior and body panel mods. I wonder which WAG will get the first tasteless mod of an Evoque?
I don't think I will be doing any remapping!!!

Be interesting to see which footballers are spotted in an Evoque on 9th Sept! I reckon Rooney, Walcott, and Cole!

First tasteless mod will be a chrome wrap!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's