babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Evoque Replacement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Good luck- my 'experience' of a 110 was when my Freelander was off the road & the replacement car from LR Assist was a 110 Station wagon- base model in a very hot July- I lasted about 3 days before I 'demanded' something similar to a Freelander & was given a RR Westminster - what a difference !!!
I have always wanted a 90 Station in 'High Spec' but thats 'dreams'
My 90 has done sterling service as a 2nd car and between Evoques I had to use it as my only car and that is when it's shortcoming really got rammed home. Jobs the Evoque could hand with aplomb I just couldn't do with the 90. Go to the garden centre in the 90 and by 3-4 large shrubs for the garden and they wouldn't fit in the back - drive 19 miles home to get trailer or Evoque as they would fit into those! Parking in town was a problem - many public off street car parks have a 1.98m height restriction so are out of bounds although that does have the advantage of in Stirling I can use the Park and Ride for £1.20 all day instead of the town centre carparks for £2 all day! The parking at P&R is free, you pay the return bus fare to get into town! A 90 is great for really challenging off-road stuff because of the short wheelbase - no shunting round sharp corners and the approach, breakover and departure angles are better than the 110's but my days of extreme offroading are over and mostly I do "Green Laning". One other thing that counts against the other vehicles in the LR range is that when it comes time to sell them on, any mention of the car having been used for what it is capable of immediately devalues it, dealers often run scared of used Range Rovers with scuffs on the underneath! Defenders with dings - that's added "character" and a sign that possibly the 4x4 kit has been regularly and properly used and is therefore all working, nothing to free up like is frequently the case with D4/RRS/FFRR's that have never had the difflocks engaged or the low range transfer box used - they aren't needed on the school/supermarket run so people forget the little recommendation in the owner's manual to engage them at least monthly just to stop the linkages seizing up.
Also Defender is in run out now so values shouldn't plummet - I already have a line of 6 people all asking for 1st refusal when I finally come to sell my 90!
So there's why I have come down on the 110 side - plus the longer wheelbase and extra weight make for a more comfortable on-road ride than the 90 has and I still expect to be trundling up and down to forum meets and London even if the car is less plush and noisier than an Evoque. Next issue is security - they are highly prized by the low lifes that want to redistribute wealth - no InControl is available for a Defender so I'm having to look at other means of making sure that it stays where I leave it!
Are you being taken to the cleaners with the Evoque P/Ex?
Well today I received the info pack for the run-out Defenders...................... my order has not changed to a 150PS/400Nms (up from standard tune 122PS/ 350) powered £63000 Autobiography 90, nor has it changed to a Heritage Edition pea green version, I have though, changed my order to a Yulong White bodied with Santorini Black bonnet, roof and rear door 110 Adventure Edition instead. Rather liked the Phoenix Orange version too.
I'm really tempted by a heritage 90, personally I think it looks good with its little HUE166 badges on the wings.

I just don't think I could live with it.
James don't dally, the Heritage Version are selling very fast I hear.
Its interesting that the English press are quoting Just 80 Autobiography Editions, 400 Heritages and 600 Adventures will be built.

Then the Australian press are quoting we are only getting Adventure and Heritage models and that globally 2277 Adventures and 2654 Heritage models will be built. They become available from November.

Quoted from: http://www.caradvice.com.au/328506/land-...ion-twins/
You my also continue getting locally built ones as the reason for ending European production is to comply with stricter and stricter safety and emissions rules
When's production ending? Tempted to order one myself.
(08-01-2015 05:25pm)Chrisr1806 Wrote: [ -> ]When's production ending? Tempted to order one myself.

End of 2015 I think.

Tim, is this new one going to be your only car? I'm hugely respectful of the car's heritage and abilities but I think it would be unbearably crude as an only-car. Perhaps I'm getting soft in my old-age...
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's