babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Is Satnav still a problem for the new Discovery?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just reading an article in the Tekegraph, since I am thinking of changing over to the new Discovery 2015.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/land-rov...ery-sport/

I was a bit put off by the section which read:
In Control apps are a way of bringing your telephone applications into the car. In the case of the satnav system, however, it didn’t work for more than five minutes without major and distracting fiddling required to recover it.

Still not sorted out, LR?Sad

Merry Christmas everyone at Babyrr.... Rover, Rover, Rover.
The problem is these cars are pre production models and not all have the new system. The car I drove didn't have the swipe through menu (smartphone type) feature. I didn't try the Incontrol apps because I'm not fussed about it and haven't ordered it. It's a big improvement for LR, looks better, a bit crisper graphics and is a lot more fluid/quicker through the menus, still behind rivals though.

It's a very nice car though, to me coming down from a D4, it holds the road brilliantly. Feels solid and well put toghether, I tried the manual which was really nice. A lot of criticism as been thrown LRs way over the old engine but they have done a good job of refining it.

Have you had a test drive?
Hi J77. I haven't had the privilege of a test drive yet. Sounds like all Evoque drivers need to have one....
I ordered yesterday - March / April delivery.
Wait unti 2016 and then have one withn the engine the DS is supposed to have......
(29-12-2014 08:22am)Crabacle Wrote: [ -> ]I ordered yesterday - March / April delivery.

My one goes into build 13/03/15

I'm not convinced the new engine will be as good as all the hype, I may regret taken the SD4 engine but it's proved reliable so far.
Are there plans announced to change the evoque engine also?
All LRs will eventually use the ingenum engines
And so will Jaguars as well - the new baby Jag will be the first JLR product to have it. I read in Autocar's roadtest that there is so much new tech in the DS that LR cliamed that putting a new design of engine in as well could be a PR disaster if things went wrong - LR have learned that lesson the hard way in the past and won't be keen to repeat it. BUT then I also read that there had been "technical" issues with cooling of the Ingenium engines during prolonged high speed running so maybe it has been a "back to the drawing board" event and the engines as modified for Land Rover/ Range Rover use were delayed.
So now official word on the evoque then?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's