babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Smary Keys/Auto Dipping Mirrors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, as a new owner, I have a couple of questions I hope you may be able to help me with? (I hope I am asking in the right area here)
1. Are the smart keys individually programmable? By which I mean can I set single point unlocking on one key and multi point on the other? I can't seem to get this to work.
2. I have auto dipping mirrors. I know how to set them, but I am wondering if different settings can be assigned to each seat memory function so I can have one for general reversing and another for reversing into my (very tight) garage space?

Thanks
Paul
Paul
Welcome
Don't think the smart keys are individually programmable.
Different settings can be applied to each memory seat function just a case of setting the seat and mirrors where you want them and then saving the settings.
(12-12-2014 12:03pm)rchrdleigh Wrote: [ -> ]Paul
Welcome
Don't think the smart keys are individually programmable.
Different settings can be applied to each memory seat function just a case of setting the seat and mirrors where you want them and then saving the settings.

Thanks. That's a pity - the keys aren't quite as smart as I hoped!
I tried the memory function which works fine in Drive, setting different heights etc. but in Reverse, even when setting different levels for the mirrors using memory 1,2,3, the mirrors move down to the same level. I'm wondering if the auto dipping is just a function of selecting Reverse and so is not associated with seat memory?
I find the land rover auto dipping useless. It dips BOTH mirrors, it should dip only the one next to the curb and leave the other one clear to view cars coming from behind.

I loved it on my BMW, turned it off on the Evoque.
(12-12-2014 06:39pm)JavierBayArea Wrote: [ -> ]I find the land rover auto dipping useless. It dips BOTH mirrors, it should dip only the one next to the curb and leave the other one clear to view cars coming from behind.

I loved it on my BMW, turned it off on the Evoque.

You can adjust how far they each dip.
(12-12-2014 07:55pm)ChuckieB Wrote: [ -> ]You can adjust how far they each dip.

How?, that's awesome.

Do i just adjust them when the car is in reverse after it auto dips?
(12-12-2014 08:14pm)JavierBayArea Wrote: [ -> ]How?, that's awesome.

Do i just adjust them when the car is in reverse after it auto dips?

Sounds about right. It's so long I can't remember. I found out the same way, thinking it was rubbish and then the light dawned or someone on the forum put me right!
It tells you how to set each mirror up in the owner's manual.............. selecte reverse, adjust each mirror indivuadually how you want it and then come out of reverse and they should stay like that every time you select reverse. I have my nearside (passenger door mirror) adjusted down to see the kerb and near side of the car for parking close to anti- alloy scuffing high kerbs and the driver's side set like it is for me when going forwards.
Reference URL's