babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Hi All!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hell everyone...

just put a deposit on a 2012 MY Black Evoque.
Diesel Auto

Really looking forward to getting the car!

Couple of initial questions...It was reg in Dec 2011...first service was done in Dec 2012 (minor) and then next one was done in July 2014 (major)...it has now been done another service in Dec 2014 (which they tell me should bring it in line).

Would this late second service put you off?

Aside from this, the spec is what I want and it is from an official LR dealer.

Look forward to your views!
Welcome to the club Speedbird - so long as you have the remaining warranty in tact I wouldn't worry about it. It is supposed to done on the basis of !5000mile OR 12 months, whichever comes first, so somebody ignored the indicator when the car wasn't up to the miles but the first birthday came up. Is it a very low miles car? Which model is it Pure/Pure Tech, Prestige or a Dynamic?
Hi speedbird.
If the mileage is low then personally I wouldn't worry.
In my other car, I do very few miles a year as its my 'toy', so having a late service isn't really a major issue as far as I'm concerned.
As it was first registered in Dec 2011 your car is now three years old, so the dealer will probably be putting a warranty on it anyway.
Hi Speedbird, Just check with the Selling dealer that they are putting at least 12 months Warranty from your purchase.
Yes...it will come with a one year warranty...
It was a Pure Tech...25k miles...so reasonably low mileage...having said that...I am now in two minds...the dealer is not very responsive...and they told me at first that there were no service books for these cars, it is all online....I confirmed with my local dealer who told me that is not true....and this age of car should have the book...sounds like they are telling me what I want to hear just to do the deal...but now I am in two minds, and may ask for my deposit back...there are plenty out there...I am sure I will find another....and maybe this time it can tick the final box that I could not on this one...memory seats!
Whilst the servicing is all recorded online, the Service book is in the glovebox, in a special compartment that is hidden to dealers... Laughing

If you're not entirely happy walk away...
Just haven't got the most confidence inspired from this dealer....and as it is a distance purchase, that makes me nervous...I have asked for refund of deposit...so the search begins again!!
We have two London based dealers who sponsor the forums - Grange Garage Barnett and Lookers Park Royal. You can email them both and ask what stock they have or look online on the Land Rover website Approved Used section - put in your post code and how far you are prepared to travel. Tell them that you are a member of the BabyRR Forums and that I suggested you contact them - you won't get a bargain at any LR dealership at the present because now we have real bad weather stocks of used Land Rovers of any variety at dealers will be dwindling rapidly and they weren't great before the winter as the cars are all in great demand, especially used Evoques. We also have a Foir Sale section here where there are cars advertised by forum members, sometimes worth a punt too.

I'm surprised that an official LR dealership cannot hand you the service record book even though the service records are on line - it makes me suscipious that the car may have a hidden past for so new a car. As Phil says there are still dealerships out there that don't know about the hidden location for the owner's manual and service booklet!
Just to update this thread. I blew my budget and went for a dynamic lux. 5 door. Grey with black leather. Should collect this weekend. Literally cannot wait!
Thanks for all the advice above. Hoping to post pics when I get it and become more active on these boards!
Just talking about servicing, the 1 year service interval is a pain and I suspect is more to do with carrying out a visual inspection of the car than changing the oil and filter. Some cars will lead a tougher life than others and may warrant being looked at more often but there's nothing magical about 1 year...
Reference URL's