babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: What is 4x4i?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It seems to be on my evoque but looks utterly useless (I'm probably using it wrong).

For me it just shows the 4 wheels and an unlocked padlock in the middle but you can't seem to press anything.

Does everyone else have this?
It might help if you can add what car/model spec you have and where this 4x4i is.
This is the 4x4 info screen by the sound of it, it will only show anything when you use the TR offroad or on slippery surfaces and then it will show the padlock locking and unlocking as the diff works. I think you need to "RTFM" as it tells you in there what it all means. You cannot press anything on the screen, it is purely an indicator of the position of the front wheels (wheel turned or straight ahead) and the Terrain Response programme selected - it is very useful offroad when it can be hard to judge the angle of the front wheels
The US market Evoque doesn't show the padlock image. I wonder why the difference. I would assume it meant a locking center differential, which isn't even available.

-- Paul
Im assuming your car is petrol, therefor it will have active driveline which I believe doesn't show the padlock but 2wd/4wd. I could be wrong though.

As Tim says its a very handy feature when in the rough stuff, when on tarmac it won't be much use as you aint using Terrain Response.

There is an iPad app called incontrol touch, which gives a demo of all the new infotainment features.
Reference URL's