babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: center console question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey guys!! a few questions. For those with the glossy black center console (I believe non pure interior), I believe the center console cup holder cover is gloss black, but is the surrounding plastic trim also in gloss black? If so, what about the buttons for the AC and disc player buttons, are they also gloss black? Can you guys post pics of your interiors?

Also, what do you call the aluminum trims on both sides of the center console? I need to replace mine as mine got scratched from my jacket's zipper. Damn these aluminum trims are too soft IMO. Is it easy to remove and is aluminum the only option for this part? Thinking of just having it repainted to gloss black, but the rest of the aluminum won't be matching (particularly the aluminum surround of the center air vent knobs).

Thanks!!
Hi Bangsters
In the UK at least, the only bit that is gloss black is the sliding cover over the cupholders. The rest of it is the same matt grey as the buttons are, same, I believe, as the pure.
The centre console aluminium trims are dead easy to remove as per this thread:
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Advice-re...erior-trim
Aluminium isn't the only option for the part there are aftermarket suppliers such as powerful_uk who do gloss black. Also on the thread above are inexpensive plastic covers which might be worth considering. Either that or some invisibleshield type material might work too?
Bangsters, mine has gloss on the gear knob and surround as well as the sliding cover, all the rest is matt finish, this is my 2nd Evoque and the 2nd one to have the speckled finish on the aluminium - I haven't dented or scratched the aluminium on this car, but somehow I have managed to scuff the leather side padding on sliding cubby box cover. I have heard those trim pieces on the centre console called Hockey Sticks, I think Grand Piano Black would look good although I prefer dark polished wood to cheap looking black shiny plastic.
[Image: DSCF1218_zpsa3caa6d3.jpg]
Many thanks m_101 and XFull. I would assume yours is a dynamic right? Glad to hear that the surround is matt except for the knob and it's surround.

I am trying to look for a new set of the aluminum bars on both sides of the console, but I can't find them on ebay and I don't know what they are exactly called lol.... I'm afraid if I have mine painted gloss black that the paint would just chip off if the seatbelt buckle hits it or the zipper of my jacket like it did the last time.

Anyone have an idea what those aluminum sides are called? And anyone with pics of them in a different finish?

Thanks again. Really bothered with the nick and scratch on mine.
Yes, both mine and M_101's are Dynamics
My Dynamic (late 2011 car) has those side rails embossed with a pattern which is remarkably good at shrugging off knocks from the seat belt buckles. I agree that plain polished aluminium trims are too soft. You might try replacing yours with those - get them from an LR dealer or from a site sponsor here who will send internationally.

I don't think painting is going to prove any more durable.
I think the default finish on a Dynamic is the stipple effect on the dash and console side strips as both of my cars have come with it, my only stipulation when I ordered was "whatever it comes with so long as it isn't shiny black plastic with the stata finish". Strata is a no-cost option IIRC.
3 years on and the stipple effect shows no noticeable dents on my Dynamic Smile
(12-11-2014 11:23am)PhilSkill Wrote: [ -> ]3 years on and the stipple effect shows no noticeable dents on my Dynamic Smile

Can you post some pics of that stipple effect. Also, pics of that shiny gloss look. Does it look cheap with a shiny gloss black instead of the default brushed aluminum finish?

Yea the stock brushed aluminum is just too soft, I'm thinking of wrapping them in 3M carbon fiber vinyl since I can't find any replacement besides going to my dealer (which is more expensive I'm sure lol)
Only pic on here I have at the moment, but you can't see the stipple effect.
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-My-Fuji-D...8#pid24928

If the Dealer ever gives me my car back from it's 3rd Service and MOT I can get some pics... last few Warranty items are taking their time... but happy that they are looking at it rather than ignoring it thinking it'll be out of warranty in a few days...

I actually receive top class service from them, so am not complaining one iota. And I have a spanking new Freelander in Firenze for my troubles at the moment!
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's