babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: JLR's new engine factory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've just caught a bit on BBC Breakfast TV an item on their business news about the new Wolverhampton Engine plant that will be officially opened by the Queen today. The Director interviewed was asked about the recent opening of the new assembly factory in China and how it would impact employment in the UK. The director interviewed stated that it would have no impact at all on UK employment and that the plant was to give JLR better ability to supply cars to China - the plant has currently no plans to export to other markets.

The BBC breakfast show is at the factory throughout the morning if anybody has the time to watch it all
I've recorded it and will watch it later.

All these engines are 4 pots.

What are they planning to do with the V6 & V8 motors? I presume they will continue to use the current engines.
Well acording to Autocar, next Defender will have a V6 on offer............... the other engines are 4 pot Ingenium so maybe there is a V6 Ingenium engine too
Reference URL's