babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: 9 speed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went into dealers yesterday to give the reg details on my order, and while I was there he asked me if I new anyone wanted a manual Evoque? As it looks like they are getting about 20 in due to because of problems with the 9 speed auto, LR had to keep the line going so only made manuals, I'm sure he also said a lot of dealerships are getting the same. Anyone else heard the same?
Have heard that lead in time for Evoque orders with the 9 speed auto has stretched out to 16 weeks, claim is that it is due to supply issues ................... I reckon that the pre-orders for the new Disco Sport are mostly for high spec HSE/HSE Lux with 9 Speed autos and they are getting priority over Evoque orders - same as happened in 2011 prior to Evoque launch - LR concentrated on building high spec Evoques as they earned the biggest profit margin, at the expence of low spec models and Freelander 2. At Evoque launch most of the available cars were Dynamics and Prestiges rather than Pures.
To be frank, it seems a bit shortsighted to be making a load of manual cars and farming them out to dealers as it doesn't give customers the opportunity to add factory fitted options. Most dealers are well aware which options sell best and generally order cars for stock with those options, but does the factory add them too?

What have you got on order Noway?
Yeah I was thinking how can they make loads without knowing what sort so options to add, or is it a case of the dealers can make a few discounts to make more appealingly for just standard spec no options?
Got a new sport HSE on order, should get it mid December
My Evoque was put back to December 2011 due to me ordering a pure TD4. It looks like my Disco Sport is heading the same way, I've got SE manual on order.
Reference URL's