babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Playing in Canyonlands
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys, thought I'd share some pics from a recent trip to Canyonlands National Park in Utah. Highlight of the park was definitely Shafer Trail, an old mining road carved into the hillside. Evoque handled everything with ease. Nothing overly technical, but loads of fun nonetheless. Highly recommended if anyone is ever in the area.

[Image: 1zqrk1u.jpg]

[Image: 2i6pawl.jpg]

[Image: 2niv6di.jpg]

[Image: 143zxw8.jpg]

[Image: 332cs2o.jpg]

[Image: 2iqy5q1.jpg]
Awesome photos but WOW that is high!
Picture 3 gives a pretty awesome idea of how "big" the scenary is out there, makes the drive I'm doing over the North East Shoulder of Ben Lomond on Sunday look like a drive over a pimple! Here is a Disco3 coming back up the track from Loch Lomond's east shore to 2/3rd of the way up Ben Lomond - 2nd highest mountain in Scotland.
[Image: DSCF0402.jpg]

and a wee video of going down - this is a "there and back" run so we had to drive back up the same track to get out!
[Image: th_5cecc128.jpg]
If the rain stops and the track dries out somewhat in the next 24 hours I will be taking the Evoque, if not then it will have to be the Defender on Mud Terrains and with the winch ready to rescue stranded Freelanders!
(18-10-2014 07:09am)lsquared Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, thought I'd share some pics from a recent trip to Canyonlands National Park in Utah. Highlight of the park was definitely Shafer Trail, an old mining road carved into the hillside. Evoque handled everything with ease. Nothing overly technical, but loads of fun nonetheless. Highly recommended if anyone is ever in the area.

Great photo's..... have to put that place on my bucket list.
Great photos, not sure I would be brave enough to drive it though, without guard rails.
Wow what a road...great photos
Looks like a great time. Would love to plan a trip there.
Sounds like BabyRR USA should have a meet there then!
Cool photos, might have to breach your copyright and use one as my iPad background Smile
Brilliant, I could only echo what has already been said.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's