babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Tyre Options for 20" Wheels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have an Evoque Si4 Dynamic Lux with 20" wheels and it's time for new tyres, but just looking to see if there's a better choice than what I have out there as I'll be replacing all four. From the factory it arrived with Continental ContiCrossContact UHP in 245/45 R20 103V fitment, but are there any other OEM tyre options in the 20" size?

To be honest I've no complaints about the Continentals, but I'm sure I remember seeing an Evoque with 20" wheels wearing Pirelli tyres, so I thought I'd check if there were any other choices before I buy!

Many thanks.Smile
My first Evoque came shod with Pirelli's and I was very happy with them, this time around I have Micheln's which I don't rate as high as those from Pirelli.
There are Pirellis available - I have Michelins too and the biggest difference over the Continentals that my last Evoque had are how much quieter the Michelins run compared to the Conti's. I also ran 19" Pirelli Ice and Snow tyres on my last Evoque and they were quieter than the Continentals too. My car only has 4000 miles on it so cannot comment yet on wear and we haven't had too much rain where I am to comment on their wet weather performance.
That's great thanks, guys. Do you know which models of Pirelli and Michelin? Looking at Camskill, they offer Pirelli PZero (thought these were more of a performance car tyre) and Michelin Latitude Sport (but these only have a load rating of 99V).

Also found Pirelli Scorpion Verde (all-season tyres), which I believe are fitted as OEM on various LR models. These are also load rated at 99V, however.
I'll check tomorrow for you in regards to the Michelin's. I have found that the wet weather performance isn't as good as the Pirelli's, which I'm sure are the PZero ones.
Thanks! Cool

Basically, the question is did Land Rover ever fit 99V tyres to cars from the factory, or are we restricted to 103V?
I have Michelin Lattitude Sport as oem tires.........very pleased with the performance. Had Continental CrossContact UHP before with my Mercedes ML, they were kinda noisy and not as smooth riding
It's interesting that tyres are the third largest cost in running an Evoque - behind depreciation and finance (by far the largest) and fuel. In typical use, you will pay more for tyres than for maintenance or insurance.

I replaced one damaged 20 inch Continental, cost something like £278 and my car needs two new ones at 27k miles which is unfortunate as it's soon to go in favour of an SVR and you can be certain that while two worn tyres will count against you come resale, two new ones will not have a corresponding beneficial effect.
Visit to a recylers yard Mark?
Either that or try tyretraders.
I got my last Pirelli (which was a scorpion verde) for £188 fitted through tyretraders.
Will be going back soon as any others need replacing.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's