babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: 9 months of ownership - traded for a Mercedes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At least the car kept it's value pretty well. 9 months & 20000 miles later. I wasn't confident in keeping the car for long, even though warranty was almost half up.

First real experience with Jaguar Land Rover and it wasn't very impressive.

Lots of quality issues, creaks, bumps, noises ... never able to be resolved.

Transmission very jolty - dealer say's it's "normal".

The car got a LOT of compliments and praises from random people and looks from other cars while driving, so styling was a big saver. Everything else, I really don't think the car is up to the "Range Rover" badge. At least not the Pure Plus.

If I had to buy another Crossover, I'd be looking at a Macan.
Hello:

I hope you will like MB,... for me all Mercedes "SUVs" are ugly Wink Sedans super boring, but sport ones looks great Smile For sure quality is very good - but does it trade-off for the feeling you have when you see it each morning in your garage ?

When I see my RR - after 2,5 year - it is still WOW every morning Smile

Best regards : Miha
(04-10-2014 04:24pm)Jinzen Wrote: [ -> ]At least the car kept it's value pretty well. 9 months & 20000 miles later. I wasn't confident in keeping the car for long, even though warranty was almost half up.

First real experience with Jaguar Land Rover and it wasn't very impressive.

Lots of quality issues, creaks, bumps, noises ... never able to be resolved.

Transmission very jolty - dealer say's it's "normal".

The car got a LOT of compliments and praises from random people and looks from other cars while driving, so styling was a big saver. Everything else, I really don't think the car is up to the "Range Rover" badge. At least not the Pure Plus.

If I had to buy another Crossover, I'd be looking at a Macan.

Don't blame you.
The transmission should not be jerky, it should have almost imperctable shifts, especially if it is the 9 speed. I have owned both the 6 speeder auto and the 9 speeder and they could never be described as "jerky". The 9 speeder is even smoother than the 6 speeder though. Just because it is a Pure doesn't mean it is any less "Range Rover" than a Dynamic or Prestige/Autobiography. Having previously owned 4 larger Range Rover models I don't think Evoque matches any of them for quality of fittings or thoroughness of build.
oh...i traded my Mercedes ML for my RR Evoque...no regrets after 2+years Smile
I have to agree with FullFatTim with regard to Evoque quality over the RR and RRS. I will repeat what I have said before; the Evoque is a £30k car with in some cases loads of extras to take the price to £50k. The others start at £60k and rapidly increase in price to £100k or more. that's the reason for the better quality. Marketingd the Evoque as a Range Rover was a genius sales tactic but it is not, in my opinion, a genuine Range Rover product. Having said that we really enjoy ours accepting that it is a glorified Freelander albeit a very stylish oneVery Happy
Reference URL's