babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: New Disco Sport
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
I thought Discovery Sport was pretty lame, but F-Pace takes the biscuit. It looks nice but can't see me swapping my Land Rover for one.
I believe that is the factory designation, like Evoque is L588 or something, current FFRR is L405 etc. They already have the Sportback or whatever it is for the XF Estate, so it will be an XE of some sort? And it will get its official launch at the Detroit Motorshow.
What a shame that the UK Motorshows are held in such low esteem by UK car makers that they won't launch new models in the UK, shame on you JLR
(13-01-2015 05:49am)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]I believe that is the factory designation, like Evoque is L588 or something, current FFRR is L405 etc. They already have the Sportback or whatever it is for the XF Estate, so it will be an XE of some sort? And it will get its official launch at the Detroit Motorshow.
What a shame that the UK Motorshows are held in such low esteem by UK car makers that they won't launch new models in the UK, shame on you JLR

That really is it's name.....

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-...d-2016-suv
F-pace. Like the advert, but not the name.
(22-09-2014 05:33pm)MrNoo Wrote: [ -> ]Land Rover had 2 on their stand at the Southampton Boat Show. Both unlocked and available for the public to sit in but obviously not drive.
-------------------------------------------------
It seems now there are more available on a boat.

Yesterday I brought my Evoque for the first check. At the occasion of the Brussels Motor Show I saw a rather sad looking Disco Sport in the show room, all white looked a little bit like a refrigirator. So I asked the dealer if he could not have found something better for the introduction.

Yes Yes, he responded, we had 4 cars on order to be delivered a week ago but they are now on a sandbank in the Solent. It seems that most Discovery Sports for Belgium are for the moment located at the same place.

What a shame, should be ready for the srap yard very soon.
(12-01-2015 07:58pm)PhilSkill Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Tim, I saw the news article as well and they said recruiting at Solihull, which means even if it's the same platform as the Evoque, it wont be done on the same production line. Guess Halewood is at Max capacity.

Don't quote me on this but I thought I'd read that the new Jag was on a brand new adaptable aluminium platform. I love the look of the new Jag personally. I've only owned my latest Evoque for 10 days but have that car in the back of my mind ready for 3 years time! Wink
Devonian I agree. I don't care so much about the name but I do really like the looks of the thing. If it's built at a different factory then perhaps it will actually be built like the other jags ie properly!
I'm pretty sure in 2 years time my wife is getting the evoque and I'm going to get a year-old F-pace. If they depreciate like other jags at the moment then it shouldn't be too expensive either! Wink
It's a nice looking car but if I was going down the Jag route it would have to be an XJ.

It just shows how little car manufacturers think of the United Kingdom, we spend just as much as other markets. Even LR don't offer their home market the full range of options, LR would've sold a lot more Disco Sports if they offered 5 seats plus tow pack like other markets.
(20-01-2015 09:48pm)m_101 Wrote: [ -> ]Devonian I agree. I don't care so much about the name but I do really like the looks of the thing. If it's built at a different factory then perhaps it will actually be built like the other jags ie properly!
I'm pretty sure in 2 years time my wife is getting the evoque and I'm going to get a year-old F-pace. If they depreciate like other jags at the moment then it shouldn't be too expensive either! Wink

I love the current futuristic interior of the concept car. It would be great if they were brave and didn't change that too much. I may be being over optimistic there perhaps!
Evoque started out in life as the LRX design exercise and got so much good comment and loads of deposits taken at dealerships three years before it went into production that LR knew that they had a winner on their hands before there even had a working one! The only changes between the model shown at Detroit and the final production car were proper wing mirrors instead of cameras on stalks and a lower pedestrian friendly bonnet. That was it!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Reference URL's