babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: New member! Let the modification begin!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi everyone!

Just bought my evoque and had it for a week now and l love it!

I am going to be modifying it a lot from standard to make it into the car I want. List of mods are:
  • Halogen to Xenon headlight with signature drl (now fitted and work perfectly)
  • Full Kahn RS250 body kit with larger rs spoiler and centre twin exhaust
  • Change roof to gloss black from Fuji white
  • 21" kahn alloys (Now fitted)
  • H&R 30mm lowering springs
  • 20mm H&R wheel spacers front and rear
  • Black and red kahn interior (Now fitted)
  • Full colour coding of outside plastic

Car is now in the body shop having the kahn kit fitted and roof colour change. I can't wait to get the car back and see the transformation!

I know it will not be to everyone's taste but I'm going to make the car special to me and will keep you guys posted with updates!
Before you do any more mods you need to get rid of the grey bits where the front fogs should be and fit the LED fog lights, or paint the grey bits black.

If you did the Halogen to Xenon+Signature LEDs yourself there are a few of our American friends in another thread who would like to know how to do it if you could make up and post some instructions
where'd you get the signature drl headlights? Did you send them to drew's garage to make it work? I also want to change mine from halogen to xenon with signature drl.
I have successfully converted my halogen lights to factory xenon lights with signature drl's.

I bought second hand factory complete xenon lights from eBay.

Plugged the complete factory xenon headlights in and they worked but sometimes they would turn off as the car thought the extra battery drain on start up was a broken circuit so it protects itself and shuts down the xenon.

I took it to cartronics in Surrey and they programmed the xenons to the car and installed a module into the headlights ( some sort of relay )

Now they work perfectly like factory xenons.

The evoque is having a new front bumper as part of the kit so the grey bits will not be there. They are also painting the mirrors and side grille gloss black.
(21-09-2014 06:47am)Smoftah Wrote: [ -> ]I have successfully converted my halogen lights to factory xenon lights with signature drl's.

I bought second hand factory complete xenon lights from eBay.

Plugged the complete factory xenon headlights in and they worked but sometimes they would turn off as the car thought the extra battery drain on start up was a broken circuit so it protects itself and shuts down the xenon.

I took it to cartronics in Surrey and they programmed the xenons to the car and installed a module into the headlights ( some sort of relay )

Now they work perfectly like factory xenons.

The evoque is having a new front bumper as part of the kit so the grey bits will not be there. They are also painting the mirrors and side grille gloss black.

Would you mind letting us know how much it set you back? Also, are the ones you got damage free, as all I find have clips broken, or something broken in the headlight housing.

Thanks!!
I paid £220 for the pair from eBay. It was an auction style format rather than buy it now.

They were completely damage free, the same seller currently has 2 sets of lhd xenons if you are based in the states.

Cartronics charged me £650+vat for the installation and coding
If you want new units I suggest that you contact Dan@Duckworths, forum sponsor. Dan can do exports of LR parts and has lots of favourable reports on here for great service and prices.
Update: The kahn kit and exhausts should be done by Friday!

Pics attached

Front

Seats
nice! keep us posted on progress. btw can you take side shots?? I wana see how the 21s look on the car. I'm contemplating whether 20s or 21s when I change my wheels. I feel like the 22s are too big for me.

oh and if you don't mind us asking, how much it set you back so far?
Thank you.

I have attached a side shot for you.

I have 21" wheels.

So far the car stands me in at around £35,500 but it will be worth it in the end!
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's