babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: A bit slow/sluggish taking off from full stop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I'm just wondering if you guys also experience the same. From a full stop, when you step on the gas, it feels like the Evoque is a bit slow or sluggish moving, like it is underpowered. I would need to really step on the gas to get it to go. But once moving it's very responsive and quick, which I believe is due to the turbo installed.

I'm just wondering why it's a bit slow on take off from a full stop. My other car, the Nissan, is slower and less powerful but is not as slow from a full stop. So wondering if it's just me, or if I need to have the car checked? It's only 3 weeks old lol
Coming from a 2.7 RRS V6, my Evoque feels like a racing car!
(13-09-2014 07:54pm)Redrob Wrote: [ -> ]Coming from a 2.7 RRS V6, my Evoque feels like a racing car!

Yes it is indeed fast. Only issue I noticed was when coming from a full stop.
(13-09-2014 07:48pm)bangsters Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, I'm just wondering if you guys also experience the same. From a full stop, when you step on the gas, it feels like the Evoque is a bit slow or sluggish moving, like it is underpowered. I would need to really step on the gas to get it to go. But once moving it's very responsive and quick, which I believe is due to the turbo installed.

I'm just wondering why it's a bit slow on take off from a full stop. My other car, the Nissan, is slower and less powerful but is not as slow from a full stop. So wondering if it's just me, or if I need to have the car checked? It's only 3 weeks old lol

yep the evoque does need a bit of fuel to get it going from standing, but you get used to it. i recon its turbo lag.
Your 2014 car is an auto and it starts off from standstill in 2nd Gear, 1st is a crawler gear for towing and offroad downhill engine braking, however mine occassionally tries to pull away in 1st if I confuse the Stop/start by pressing down a bit hard on the throttle before the Stop/Start has woken up and then it screams up to the rev limiter in no time at all, not nice for the (diesel) engine. I haven't tried disabling the stop/start to see if it makes much difference. Have you tried starting off in S mode and paddle shifting through the gears?
Tim, I thought this acceleration lag thing had all been sorted in the past? Either with software update or i hear the new 9 speed auto is pretty smooth? I thought it was just an old gear box issue. Can't believe it still happening now 5 years since first launch!
(19-09-2014 02:23pm)Teetree Wrote: [ -> ]Tim, I thought this acceleration lag thing had all been sorted in the past? Either with software update or i hear the new 9 speed auto is pretty smooth? I thought it was just an old gear box issue. Can't believe it still happening now 5 years since first launch!

I have the 9 speed auto and it's sluggish coming from a full stop. TO compensate, I sometimes switch to S mode when I know I need that responsiveness, say merging onto a highway or something. The paddle shifter I configured to only work in S mode as well.
Reference URL's