babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: NAVDY or NAFF?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just heard about this https://www.navdy.com/

Wondering if this could be something worth having for those of us without built-in Sat Nav.

Still early days and pre-orders are being taken. I think UK orders pay $10 more for shipping.

Not sure about how this is powered exactly or rather how it will be powered for the UK market - prob a cigarette adaptor but I hate those unsightly cables! Would prefer something rechargeable.
Sounds really good and will be defiantly looking for one when they come out in Australia.

In the mean time I am buying a Garmin HUD, which is a bit simpler system, as getting a signal on my GPS is a real pain due to the solar attenuating windscreen. So I think its going to be easier with the HUD and my mobile than continuing to have a on/off signal I get when using my current GPS.
I'd love a HUD for my Evoque - I'll be keeping my eyes on this and alternatives. I wonder if anyone on here already has one fitted?
I received my Garmin HUD today, just tried if for a few minutes to make sure it works and its great. Its not fixed in place yet and all I have to do is stick a small clear film to the windscreen (it also has an attachable screen so you don't have to put a film on you windscreen), fix the small box to the dash and then connect by Bluetooth to my phone which now has a Garmin nav system app on it.

The only bit I don't like its that it does not have a independent battery and has to be collected to the car all the time. Only cause I cannot play with it out side the car.
(17-09-2014 01:34pm)Mark^^ Wrote: [ -> ]I received my Garmin HUD today, just tried if for a few minutes to make sure it works and its great. Its not fixed in place yet and all I have to do is stick a small clear film to the windscreen (it also has an attachable screen so you don't have to put a film on you windscreen), fix the small box to the dash and then connect by Bluetooth to my phone which now has a Garmin nav system app on it.

The only bit I don't like its that it does not have a independent battery and has to be collected to the car all the time. Only cause I cannot play with it out side the car.

Would love to see a picture?
Hmm the Garmin HUD lacks a colour display and only seems to show directional arrows. I'd want something which shows you a map, preferably in colour and a setup which is uncluttered. Is that too much to ask? Confused
It's not too much to ask, but it could be considered too much of a distraction in your line of sight
I brought this mainly as I have great difficulty getting sustained reception on any GPS, but no problems with my phone. So this is a good interim strategy for me.

I wont have a chance to set it up till the weekend, all I could manage it to put it on the dash and make sure it turned on and linked to my phone. I wont be putting the film on the windscreen for some time till I get it all right.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's