babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Newbie saying hello
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,
Im collecting a brand new, white, pure tech with pano roof in black, 19" alloys, fogs and 5 years service pack tomorrow!
Coming from a 2014 auto M135i BMW - unreal power and performance, but wanted something a bit more comfy and relaxed before it costs me my licence!

The only newbie question I have.....is retrofitting of powerfold mirrors feasible?

Cheers, look forwards to many more posts...
Ask the dealer how much he wants to do the job, but do make sure you are sitting down when you ask because it will not be cheap if it is possible.
Cheers buddy,

Ive just manually folded the mirrors and saved myself a few bob....maybe a priject to look into for the future....
just my own observation; although I have power folding mirrors, I think the wing mirrors do not fold enough to warrant the expense of a conversion, unless the retrofit could make it fold in further. RE relaxing while driving, I've found that it is easy to drive faster than I think I am, if I am not paying attention to the gauges. Of course, I didn't move from a BMW, rather a Toyota FJ Cruiser (don't understand why you don't get them in UK, which is too bad. They are reliable, hold a high resale value, but I digress). At 450 bhp and 475 torques (low end), it was fairly easy to go fast, although the FJs are heavy body on frame vehicles. Nonetheless, I find the Evoque quicker to accelerate, and because of less engine noise, I find I'm going faster than I thought. I'm getting used to it.
Enjoy your Evoque.
I have a MY2014, which I think has a smaller mirror than MY2012/2013. When it folds, it doesn't fold much. I just use it as reference to check if the car is locked or not lol... if they'll charge you a lot, it might be better to spend the $$ on other mods. Just my .02.
Yes the 2014MY cars have smaller mirrors than the previous models. In addition to the new mirrors you will need new door cards with the remote controller switch panel and also the mirrors will require programming to the car so that they fold when you lock up. The mirrors are also heated and tied into the rapid warm up system so when you operate the heated front and rear screens and the rapid defrost the wing mirrors also heat.
I thought the heated mirrors are standard on all models? You mean to say that if you don't get folding mirrors you don't get heated mirrors as well? Sad ouch. I've always liked heated mirrors especially during winters.
I don't know is the simple answer, I haven't owned a Pure, both my Evoques have been Dynamics and all my previous Range Rovers and RR Sports have had heated wing mirrors as standard.
Reference URL's