babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Trying to test drive ANGRY!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have been trying to test drive an Evoque for the last couple of weeks, knowing that all i had to do then if it was the one i wanted was one call and it would have been here for December.
Not so i have tried calling and left three messages, even been in twice to the dealers, still no joy, there too busy with handovers!!!
Now i get a call to say that the date has now changed and the earliest i can get the car now would be next March/April. To say im angry is an understatement. I now have to give my car back in December, which means buying another run about and then selling it later on, or stay with Mercedes, who i think have much better customer service at their dealers...Aarrgghh!!!!
Trust me, if you are going for MY 2014 you don't need to test drive. it's very good
I drive all day so need to be comfortable in it. I wouldn't have thought a test drive is out of the question. The dealer i think was just expecting me to say yes ill order that one easy for him to earn his commission, no pleasantries or anything. The whole process/experience of buying is important to me, thats why ive always had mercs, wife wants me to have this one, so thinking not a great idea so far.
Must be an UK thing.

I just walked to a dealership in north california and test drove, no appointment or nothing.
If only. Smile They said they only do a 6 mile trip and im still trying to just get that...Sad
Buy something else, read the threads on build quality
I would say find another dealer, if they are like that about a test drive then what ever shoddy after sales are they going to give? Also contact our man at LR, Pete in customer services, he'll sort you out a better dealer and a test drive. Shocking treatment of a potential customer. Do you want to name and shame them as they don't deserve any customers if they behave like that.
Quote:Buy something else, read the threads on build quality

This is something i don't understand.

Why do you guys care about reliability when you are purchasing a new car with warranty?

i really don't... whatsoever Very Happy Very Happy And it's part of the experience of owning a british car
Funnily enough i have just met through business someone high up in jaguar who said don't buy one build quality etc. its just not looking good so far, especially now it looks like they are so busy with orders, i think the quality will go down even more...
(04-09-2014 05:45pm)JavierBayArea Wrote: [ -> ]This is something i don't understand.

Why do you guys care about reliability when you are purchasing a new car with warranty?

i really don't... whatsoever Very Happy Very Happy And it's part of the experience of owning a british car

And the experience of owning an American car is.............?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's