babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Discovery Sport
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
What are your thoughts on the new Discovery Sport?

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/land-...2014-09-03

Looks like a pumped up Evoque to me! I like Smile
I like it. Might have to think about moving to a Discovery from an Evoque in another year or so.
I do quite like it but not sure I'll be getting a Land Rover next... Seriously contemplating waiting for the new Jaaaaaaaaag in 2016. Either that or the new xc90 tickles my fancy when the rattle bucket Evoque is due for replacement!
I like it, and for about the first time in ages LR actually have their website up and ready to go for this release.
Looks OK up to the 'B' post but the rest looks like any other people carrier and I don't need a 7 seat brat bus.

Great disappointment there is no opening sun roof as the FL2, dash board is like FL2 with a few Evoque features added. All in a lot of Evoque features including the 9 speed auto box I am still having trouble with, will wait to see/drive it but I suspect like others here my current LR product will be my last unless the build quality is very much improved.
Yep I like it too, although still prefer the Evoque, and seems about same price, so you are choosing cabin space.
Just not sure it's really a replacement for the Freelander market as price seems a bit high for that, but sure it'll sell well, certainly gives you space with Evoque styling.

They really need their new engines on line though.
There is an option for a sunroof.

I've spent all morning studying brochures and on the builder. I've went for SE Tech but with options it's £36.5k. Should I stretch the budget to HSE which is £37.6k? Going into dealers in Saturday to send my build to LR
Looks decent, but thankfully not as good as the Evoque style Smile and I agree that it's a shame there's not a better engine at least as an option.
I stand corrected on the sunroof, don't know what I was reading.
(03-09-2014 04:20pm)J77 Wrote: [ -> ]There is an option for a sunroof.

I've spent all morning studying brochures and on the builder. I've went for SE Tech but with options it's £36.5k. Should I stretch the budget to HSE which is £37.6k? Going into dealers in Saturday to send my build to LR

If the HSE spec is equivalent or better to a Freelander then that is a good price as I was let to believe the D-Sport prices would be about 10% more than FL2.

Not 100% sure about the top centre console, buttons look like the old BMW items from the FFRR from around 2002 & the plinth under the screen from an early RR Sport!

What are the engine options?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reference URL's