babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Discovery Sport
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
2.2d.

According to the configurator.

Ingenium engines to come later I guess.
With 7 people on board be lucky to get up any hills with the same engine as the evoque,too under powered.
Front end and running gear from the Evoque, same Engines and Haldex Diff, only rear end redesigned.

Freelander 2 still on the website, seeing them side by side shows the similarities.
Outside is attractive, inside the front dash looks untidy with all those odd switches, the Evoque does the dash much better. As for the third row of seats - waste of time, just like the 5+2 in RRS.
I have found why the rear half does not look right - to me anyway. If you compare the side photos on LR's web site DS sport to RRS2 they both look very similar in profile but on the DS the 'C' piller is body coloured whereas on the RRS2, FFRR and Evoque the entire window line is black. I think LR have used the term 'floating roof' to describe it before. How long before a rework to include the all black window line?. IIRC a similar thing was done in reverse on the very first FL1s where the side window surrounds were painted matt black, this was very quickly deleted.

Playing around with colours on the configurator black with black glass gives a better effect but its a pity you cannot delete the 3rd row brat seats - waste of useable space and waste of money for us.
Floating roof is an RR design "feature" not a "Land Rover" thing. The Freely1 black window surrounds, those were preproduction cars IIRC and some white ones escaped into the open market and to those in the know they are desirable. The "black" was only a transfer I think, it wasn't painted.
Tim, Yes, I think that is where I last saw the reference to the 'floating roof' with the launch of the current FFRR. One of my neighbours has an early escapee FL1 with black window surrounds, it also has the old tractor (pre TD4) diesel, base model, still running strong minimal electronics.

I still think the large 'C' post spoils the side view but for us it won't make any difference unless quality is improved.
Not sure about the interior, still looks old to me with some parts from the evoque! Even the pano, its basically cut and paste from the evoque. Yoi would expect a proper sunroof on th D sport [emoji19]
(04-09-2014 05:54pm)AAA86 Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure about the interior, still looks old to me with some parts from the evoque! Even the pano, its basically cut and paste from the evoque. Yoi would expect a proper sunroof on th D sport [emoji19]

so is the new Discovery Sport essentially an extended evoque chassis ?
Looks great on the outside. Don't like the dash at all.
I wonder how many rattles it will have.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reference URL's