babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: 2015MY Pure Tech - No Fog Lights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm just after some advice and clarification if possible.

I have purchased a 2015MY Pure Tech without the fog lights, my understanding is that the insert/bezel on the 2015MY would be black as per the online configurator (see second photo).

My car has been delivered with the Silver/Brunel ones (see first photo).

After speaking with LR customer services, I have been told that the black ones are for the Dynamic and Dynamic Lux.

This doesn't make sense as the Dynamic and Lux models come as standard with the fog lights.

Even the site picture shows a pure tech without the fog lights and black insert.

[Image: uc?export=view&id=0BxJJHIEY-UqYQWRwdmN5ZW5nQ2s]

[Image: uc?export=view&id=0BxJJHIEY-UqYc3h0RWM4MjVfQ0k]

Thanks
(14-08-2014 08:34pm)is1983 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I'm just after some advice and clarification if possible.

I have purchased a 2015MY Pure Tech without the fog lights, my understanding is that the insert/bezel on the 2015MY would be black as per the online configurator (see second photo).

My car has been delivered with the Silver/Brunel ones (see first photo).

After speaking with LR customer services, I have been told that the black ones are for the Dynamic and Dynamic Lux.

This doesn't make sense as the Dynamic and Lux models come as standard with the fog lights.

Even the site picture shows a pure tech without the fog lights and black insert.

[Image: uc?export=view&id=0BxJJHIEY-UqYQWRwdmN5ZW5nQ2s]

[Image: uc?export=view&id=0BxJJHIEY-UqYc3h0RWM4MjVfQ0k]

Thanks

well the only evoque fog light blanks ive seen are grey ones.
there has been a few fog lights for sale on ebay. so they could bee replaced with these and left unwired,just
cosmetic. or maybe wired in with a switch. Rolling Eyes
Thanks Bee,

I'm not trying to upgrade to fog lights, I just want to confirm if the ones I have are correct as I believe they should be the black ones.

I have seen a few cars with the back inserts and these must have been pure or pure tech as the others come with fogs as standard.
If you read the configurator carefully I think you will find that there is a statement somewhere that says it may not be totally accurate and actual cars may be different from the build your own car feature. I've always thought that Pure spec had grey inserts it's the first I've heard of black ones.
It's interesting that front fog lights have been ditched from the RR Sport SVR. Maybe LR think they are there mainly for cosmetic use then serving any real purpose.
(15-08-2014 03:20am)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]If you read the configurator carefully I think you will find that there is a statement somewhere that says it may not be totally accurate and actual cars may be different from the build your own car feature. I've always thought that Pure spec had grey inserts it's the first I've heard of black ones.

But surely if every other model apart from the Pure and Pure Tech have fog lights as standard and the Pure had grey inserts then the black insert wouldn't be feature on any vehicle.

I have seen 2 vehicles with the black inserts, these must have been Pure or Pure Tech.
i agree the grey ones look naff, it would bee easy to spray them black though.
Might be an age thing but I think I vaguely remember that there may be fog light covers available and that is what could be shown in the picture.
I posted something a couple of years back about taking the inserts out and putting in 'for show only' foglights. A pig of a job without taking the bumper off but doubt if you will get the inserts out whole to paint them.
Reference URL's