babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Anyone else have a corner missing from their windscreen?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[attachment=4028]

Just had the windscreen replaced on my 62 plate and there's a curious missing corner on the lower left of the glass. It doesn't look chipped, rather manufactured that way. I am pretty sure it wasn't on the original windscreen though.

Does yours have the same?

[Image: WP_20140721_004.jpg]
A trip to a showroom will reveal whether or not it should be like that, is the replacement screen from Autoglass or an LR dealership? Sorry I cannot help with a photo as I am a long way away from my car
Just checked my car and (its original) windscreen does not look like that.

Is it like that on both sides?
(22-07-2014 07:28am)mark_n Wrote: [ -> ]Just checked my car and (its original) windscreen does not look like that.

Is it like that on both sides?

Nope, just the driver side. Checked a few on dealer courtyard this morning and none of them have it. Back to the service centre, I guess.
Probably fitted misaligned, I would think that all the corners are missing to avoid it getting snagged, but yours is sitting too far to the right. Take it back, it's not right.
I've replied to the OP on the other forum, the left hand side of my windscreen is similar on my new MY14 Evoque.

The right hand side of the windscreen is covered by the black rubber strip.

IMO it's a windscreen alignment issue.
Hi All,

Got the car back today from having the dodgy replacement windscreen replaced.

According to the LR dealer, there were a batch of windscreens (clearly quite a large batch given so many owenrs on the others forum also have a missing edge) that were manufactured with this fault. As they pointed out, it wasn't due to the poor fitment because the screen was properly aligned elsewhere.

If they knew about that, not quite sure what they were doing allowing faulty screens to be fitted, but as the dealer explained, they use 3rd party fitters to replace screens, not their own workshop (neither of the two large Surrey dealers nearest to me, in fact). I would have liked to have thought that LR would check before releasing to customer though, but clearly not in my case.

Anyway, the new screen doesn't seem to have the edge missing, or at least as far as I can tell lifting the seals as much as they will go. So problem sorted.

Thanks for all your input and advice.
Reference URL's