babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Scratched window tint film
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Gutted to have scratched the window film on the inside of my boot window. Very visible from the outside (to me anyway).

Tips of replacement film provider anyone? Have to be to a LR spec presumably?

Thanks folks

Paul
If its factory privacy it should be embedded in the glass not a film?
That would make sense as I've covered the affected area with black tape on the inside and can still see it though the other side. Guess I took the top surface of the glass off when the lawnmower in the back took a flyer. Damn!
Might be worth putting some black lacquer/paint/nail-polish on the damaged area?
(16-07-2014 07:27am)paulcon Wrote: [ -> ]That would make sense as I've covered the affected area with black tape on the inside and can still see it though the other side. Guess I took the top surface of the glass off when the lawnmower in the back took a flyer. Damn!

The mower wasn't still running when you placed it in the boot was it, to have caused such damage Sad
It was my understanding that the LR factory fit rear privacy glass was the same all the way though, like a tinted windscreen but darker.
This is very strange. As pointed out the glass should be tinted right through. You sure the garage didn't pull a fast one and fit it themselves. Easy to way to tell is if you can see the heated elements from outside
The heated elements are on the outside so it's standard fit RR.
Due to my purposeful driving style and the immense acceleration from the 2.2 diesel engine the folded-down lawnmower hurled itself at the rear window taking what would appear to be a piece of the first layer of glass and a piece of the window tint film.
I've covered the affected area on the inside rear window with (the answer to all repairs) duct tape so it does not annoy me every time I look in the rear-view mirror but it can still be seen from the outside as the rear window is now missing a piece of it's film and the fact it's covered on the other side makes no difference.
I should probably concede the damage is only about 1cm long at the bottom of the window but that's just how anal I am!
Do you know of any yoofs good at lobbing big stones at the back of passing Evoques?
Strangely enough I do. Sadly we're related
Reference URL's