babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Zanzibar color or something new for 2015?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I fear that come selling on time the dealers will use the "unusal colour, might be difficult to shift on " excuse to devalue part-exchanges. I've had a Fuji one and the comments from some dealers when asking for part-ex value was "well it's white, too common, it's a coupe so it might be hard to sell on!" so one wonders if you have a Red one if the excuse is "too bright and not many like red cars, could be hard to shift on". Makes one wonder what the best spec/ colour/ bodyshape is for selling on because when you ask dealers none of them are re-sellable! Conversely none seems to stay very long on a dealers forecourt either, regardless of colour
I've never had an issue with dealers when selling-on a Land Rover car in the various shades of metallic grey. Statement colours on a run of the mill car, for which I include the Evoque, can cause problems but it doesn't seem to matter on 'exotica'; for instance I had an AM Vantage V8 with a charcoal and ivory interior, a bit like an everton mint. No reaction from the dealer when that was moved on at all.
Why would you buy a colour just for the sake of trade in value and not like it for the period you owning it?
I'm definitely not buying to please the next owner nor the second hand dealer. The latter would be the last person on earth I give that pleasure too.
However, if trading is your game - may I point you to something that does hold its value - like maybe say a Ferrari F355 Berlinetta, a 1990 Ferrari F40, a 1995 Ferrari F50, and a 1972 Ferrari Dino 246 GTS.
Alternatively ....
Porsche 911
Mercedes-Benz 190SL (1955–1963)
Jaguar E-Type (1961–1974)
BMW 3.0 CSL (1972–1975)
Mid- to late-1960s Corvettes (1963–1972)
Volkswagen Type 2 (1950-1967)
Could I just say, you missed the Bugatti EB110 from your list.
I cannot see the relevance of the list of blue chip classics, none are available in Zanzibar, and if they were, would they be Zanzibar chip classics?
(04-07-2014 12:11am)volvos60s60 Wrote: [ -> ]I cannot see the relevance of the list of blue chip classics, none are available in Zanzibar, and if they were, would they be Zanzibar chip classics?

Like+1. Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder!
Hiya,

Does anyone have a link to the English version of this:

http://www.landrover.com/content/de-germ...Z2_web.pdf

Thanks
Can anyone confirm which models you will be able to order Pheonix orange in? I've looked at the LR configurator but can't find it on any spec. My wife is interested in ordering it for later in the year on a Dynamic or AB.
It is supposed to only be available on the Autobiography
I've just been past the Halewood factory hoping to get a glimpse of the new Discovery Sport (none to be seen BTW) and there in the middle of a car park full of Evoque & FL2's was a solitary Orange Evoque with black wheels ....it looked absolutely amazing and stood out from the red cars it was next to.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's