babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Ford Eco Boost 2.0 Liter Petrol Engine Development Continues 305hp+
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I found this information – 2.3 L EcoBoost I-4
The 2.3L version of the EcoBoost engine debuted in the 2015 Lincoln MKC crossover. Based upon the 2.0L EcoBoost, the 2.3L engine produces 289 PS (213 kW; 285 hp) @5600 rpm, 305 lb·ft (414 N·m) @3000 rpm. This engine will be available in the 2015 Ford Mustang, with power figures said to be greater than 305 hp (227 kW; 309 PS) @5500 rpm, 300 lb·ft (407 N·m) @2500 rpm[33]
The 2.3L EcoBoost engine is produced with the 2.0L EcoBoost at the Valencia Engine Plant in Valencia, Spain.

So now for 2015 we have the 2.0 liter bored out to 2.3 liters with +305 hp. Will Range Rover managenent please wake up and 'drop' this into the 2015 Evoque Coupe! Give us what the coupe's aggressive styling seems to say. This would make me trade in my 2013 coupe and give Land Rover more of my money.
Sounds like it's just what Evoque needs! I'll let you sort out all the techy problems before I order my 2.3i though!
Yes, I agree, it's what the Evoque needs, especially in the face of the Macan S. LR will never compete with the Macan turbo (or the presumed turbo S) but they need to do better at the bottom end. This is the engine a petrol version of the Autobiography needs.

That said, LR are weaning themselves off Ford engines to use their own and there is also the imperative to lower their average fleet emissions, so a high performance Evoque is not going to help. As far as I can see, LR have no hope of meeting the mandated limits which means significant price rises in the future to pay the fines, at least here in Europe. I can't get into my 5.0 SC a moment too soon.
I suspect too that the new LR engines will prioritise diesel production over petrol as that is where they have to do the biggest "clean-up" act. Ford and PSA charge LR a hefty premium to buy their engines too which makes it even more important for LR to get the new engine plant up and running. Not sure what price hike Jaguar charges LR for the various 3ltr V6, 4ltr V8 and 5lt V8 petrol engines that it supplies LR with for overseas and UK markets, I'm sure that they don't come at cost price and then LR has to modify them to suit off-road use
Reference URL's