babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Self opening tailgate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here's a query from a lady who approached me in the local Waitrose carpark and asked if me if the tailgate of my car opened whenever I got in and pressed the start button! Her week old Evoque has this issue and all her dealer told her was "call in Land Rover Assist"............... really helpful!

So has anybody else with a 2014MY car with the power assisted tailgate had this problem? My reply was to take the car into the dealer as it definitely shouldn't open without a positive press of the key fob / tailgate or dash panel button.
Sounds like her knee is knocking the dash tail gate button. Who tail was she?
Not at all tall - 5ft / 5ft 2" max - I asked the lady if that could be the case but she said not, I accept that as at 5ft 7" myself I have never managed to release the tailgate switch when getting in and out
Did she used to have a merc with elec handbrake as that's where the release handle used to be on mine!
I didn't ask that, but she did venture that her other car is a convertible Porsche.......
Maybe the Evoque is trying to emulate her convertible!

Or more boringly, a wiring issue in the boot.
(27-05-2014 06:07pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Here's a query from a lady who approached me in the local Waitrose carpark and asked if me if the tailgate of my car opened whenever I got in and pressed the start button! Her week old Evoque has this issue and all her dealer told her was "call in Land Rover Assist"............... really helpful!

So has anybody else with a 2014MY car with the power assisted tailgate had this problem? My reply was to take the car into the dealer as it definitely shouldn't open without a positive press of the key fob / tailgate or dash panel button.

Ok I must admit it has happened to me where I've knocked the switch with my knee but that was before I started the engine lol
I sometimes knocked it getting in... very annoying as it meant getting out and starting the cycle again... Hence I've now got my close on keyfob and dash button feature installed... Although i've trained myself not to knock it so much these days.
(27-05-2014 06:07pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Here's a query from a lady who approached me in the local Waitrose carpark and asked if me if the tailgate of my car opened whenever I got in and pressed the start button! Her week old Evoque has this issue and all her dealer told her was "call in Land Rover Assist"............... really helpful!

I've had a my14 evoque for about 4 weeks with a power tailgate and have had no such problems
(28-05-2014 02:14pm)PhilSkill Wrote: [ -> ]I sometimes knocked it getting in... very annoying as it meant getting out and starting the cycle again... Hence I've now got my close on keyfob and dash button feature installed... Although i've trained myself not to knock it so much these days.

Cool where did you get that done by yourself or a garage. I am interested and would like that on my car to please as it can be very annoying when open in the rain Sad
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's