babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Can you record from rear camera ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone found a way to record from Rear camera ?
Thinking it should be possible- anyone done it? if yes how ?
Many thanks
Not sure why you would need to as when going forward it is off
How far are you driving backwards to need to record the tripWink
I'm thinking tailgaters. Nearly had an Audi A5 in my rear seats yesterday when I had to brake very suddenly and the Audi was so close before that I couldn't see the top of it's bonnet let alone the headlights or number plate......
(23-05-2014 08:01am)speary Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure why you would need to as when going forward it is off

You can turn it on when going forward from the touch screen, BTW
(23-05-2014 03:41pm)trevd01 Wrote: [ -> ]You can turn it on when going forward from the touch screen, BTW

Depends how old your Evoque is...
(23-05-2014 08:01am)speary Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure why you would need to as when going forward it is off

Its to use as a 'safety camera' i.e if i was involved in a rear end collision I would have a record
I can already if i wish have camera on all the time ( not a fan of that) but looking for a way to capture if possible/ easy to do so
Thanks
It's technically possible to take a video feed from the built in rear camera and connect this to a dedicated in car SD card DV recorder. However it would be a clunky solution with probably poor resolution and either cost a lot or take many hours of DIY. Not to mention invalidating warranties and maybe scratching plastic dash components.

These days you can buy a complete car cam that will record in HD and designed for the purpose for £20 plus. If you don't like the idea of one of these stuck inside your rear window then you can also get more expensive systems with separate cameras that can be fitted flush with your rear bumper, like a parking sensor.
I sent an idea to Landrover as given many of their cars have or have the option of surround cameras & a hard drive is already in the car then it surely would be an easy addition to add a recordable unit which would be very useful in the case of accidents & bad driving etc. After all the Blackvue system I have is very small so there is plenty of space in the car somewhere to put it.
However Landrover couldn't even be bothered to acknowledge receipt of the email/idea let alone act on it.
Valeter, unfortunately there are too many people in this country/ world who feel that having the equivalent of a video blackbox in the car would be infringing their rights, so we all have to suffer. Have you heard about how the number of whiplash claims has fallen through the floor now so many people have dashcams fitted to their cars? Maybe its time insurers encouraged car makers to fit these items. As it is my car has a blackbox fitted that monitors it's every movement - it was fitted by Land Rover on the production line and is called InControl Remote, so adding the cams to the system shouldn't be too hard! I have a similar type of monitoring system on my ship and have had for more than 20 years.
yep Gjh0702. the answer is a blackvue front and rear, there is a power socket in the boot to plug into.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's