babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Dynamic or Pure?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, I am new to the forum Smile

I have been looking for an evoque for a few weeks now and spotted 2 contenders. I fell in love with the Orkney grey and preferred the 5 door over the coupe.

The 2 cars which I have taken a shine too are a 2013 pure sd4 with tech pack at £30k and a 2012 dynamic sd4 at £33k.

I love the look of the dynamic but wondering is it really worth the extra money?

What's your views on the matter and which is the best buy? Both have around 20k miles.
Welcome to the forum Jonny

Is the Dynamic a Dynamic, a Dynamic Lux or a Dynamic Lux Plus because the price seems a bit high if it is the unadorned Dynamic? Dynamic Lux is very popular and adds a few of the desirable (and some useless!) options as a pack and the Plus option adds high backed "Recaro" style sports seats and the Prestige style leather. The extra price of the plain Dynamic over the later pure will be the Magneride trick adjustable suspension, the fancier perforated seat facings and better quality leather with more adjustments, as well as the body kit on the outside. The cars have exactly the same engine output but it would appear that the Dynamic has had an easier life than the Pure. The Dynamic should also be riding on 20" Style Six or one of the two upgrade choices of allot too - these do not affect the ride whatsoever as the car was designed to run on 20's from the outset and the Magneride in some peoples view has a nicer ride than the Pure without it. Dynamic Mode increases the rate at which the Dynamic will adjust it's suspension and stiffen the ride a bit, it also makes the car roll less in cornering although the standard coil set-up of the Pure is pretty good too. Are both cars manuals or auto's as that will also have a bearing on the price difference.
Hi thanks for the reply.

I found that all the cheaper dynamics were white and as I wanted the grey it was slightly more expensive. It's the standard dynamic model. Both cars are auto. I think it's the styling if the dynamic which is drawing me towards it more than anything.
Not to mention the dual exhaust pipe. Go for Dynamic...
(24-05-2014 05:05pm)mark_n Wrote: [ -> ]Not to mention the dual exhaust pipe. Go for Dynamic...

I got dual exhaust pipe on my Pure Tech.
Yup dual exhausts are related to which engine you have (TD4 when they used to exist had single pipe, SD4 have dual).
I preferred the dynamic as mine will never go significantly off-road so don't need to worry about approach and departure angles really, and I like the looks more than pure / prestige. However I only bought my dynamic as I got a really good deal on it (at the time it was anyway), I was also looking at pures at the time.
Also have to say I just had a pure as a loan car and it was also fantastic. It was on 18s and ride was as comfy as my dynamic on 20s, but nowhere near as fun going round tight bends due to body roll that is much better controlled by the dynamic mode suspension.
All comes down to cost I guess!
Reference URL's