babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Disconnecting the battery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My Satnav, DVD player, USB and phone pairing has stopped working.
Dab, tv and radio is still working.
I've tried turning the engine off leaving it over night to reset but no luck.
I was thinking of disconnecting the battery to reset the system that way.
I have the tyre monitoring system, so I was wondering if it would be safe just to disconnect and reconnect or would it be buggering other systems up if I did so?
Many thanks
Onebigjobby
Easiest way to fix it is to call out LRA! They will reset the Battery Management System for you too
Tnx Tim LR assist coming out tomorrow Smile
Interesting LR assistance are coming out for something trivial like that. It wouldn't have surprised me if they told you to contact the dealer, it's not like you are stranded or anything.

When my battery failed and LRA did come out because I was stranded, the guy replaced the battery without any problems. There was an assortment of error messages which cleared after a few seconds though it might take a few miles of driving to completely settle.
Just a quick update for forum members.

LRA came out and disconnected the 2 battery terminals for about 1 minute, the system reset itself and all was working ok again, the techie told me that this should cure the problem most of the time, the infotainment gets a bit cuffuffled now and again. Disconnecting the battery causes no problems with any of the other systems.
Once reset all you need to do is check every thing is ok and reset ur clock.
All in all took 5 minutes, it took longer to fill in the paperwork!
Tnx all
Onebigjobby
Glad it all ended up fine and without a trip to a service bay.
Reference URL's