babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Size of Rims vs Offroad Capability
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I noticed most of the reviews, when the Evoque is brought offroad, it normally uses the 18" wheels. Does this mean 19" & 20" compromises its offroad abilities?
No, but you will run a greater risk of pinch-flats and damage to your alloys running 20's offroad due to the lower sidewalls. It isn't too easy to find All Terrain or Mud Terrain tyres in 20" size too, the largest is a 19" and even the 16" MTR's on my Defender 90 are a nightmare for the tyre guys to get balanced so a 20" will be even more difficult. I ran 19" MTR's on both my RRS and FFRR, the ride was improved over the 20's but road noise was terrible onroad
Most of the press cars are equipped with 19" wheels. I don't think I've seen any with 18's
(26-08-2011 03:38pm)alanet Wrote: [ -> ]Most of the press cars are equipped with 19" wheels. I don't think I've seen any with 18's

Ah yes...thanks for correcting...i had myself confused between 18" Style 2 and 19" Style 4
Reference URL's