babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Another Puncture
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So, for the second time, I've had reason to be grateful I spec'd a space saver spare wheel. This time, miles from anywhere, a weird screw in the tyre and a flat. A quick 15 minutes to change (though I wish I'd had a big poly bag to put the filthy wheel in and some wipes to clean my hands) and the tyre was plugged yesterday for £22.

Who knows whether a can of gunk would have got me home; the tyre would have been ruined and I would have been late.

It really is a must-have option, providing of course you are capable of changing the wheel or can enlist the help of someone. I say that because a 20 inch Evoque wheel is surprisingly heavy and you need to be able to lift it into the car.
Yeah, no runflats or cans of gunk, give me a real spare tire!
Interestingly, I understand plugging motorcycle tyres is now banned and plugging all tyres is banned in Germany. Eventually, we may have the same in the UK. Then ,the benefit of a spare will be just to get you home, you'll still be facing the cost of a new tyre at which point some sort of insurance begins to look reasonable.
Mark_n.

You have just put my mind at ease as I added this to my order spec yesterday, in theory my order is locked down, bar the last minute In-Control issue.

Tyre dealers are very careful with plugging tyres now as they are reluctant to go close to the edge of the tyre.
(29-03-2014 06:23pm)Evo-king Wrote: [ -> ]Tyre dealers are very careful with plugging tyres now as they are reluctant to go close to the edge of the tyre.

They are over here as well. I've been lucky that the couple flats I've had were always repairable.
One change with TPMS on my new car.................... it no longer just lets you know that a tyre is deflating, it tells you the tyre pressures as well now!
That's good to hear - I deleted it from my Evoque because the original function was so poor - the sensors told the car the pressures but it did not display them.
(29-03-2014 09:10pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]One change with TPMS on my new car.................... it no longer just lets you know that a tyre is deflating, it tells you the tyre pressures as well now!

Tim, where abouts does it give you the read out on tyre pressure? I have TPMS, i wonder if it could be a retro fit option?
Benzina, I have a stewed brain at the moment with all the handing over stuff yesterday. I didn't even get out the manual last night. I'll get back to you - it is in the Info Screen and I bet it is just a software update. I will be interested to see if the sensors in my spare set of winter tyres/wheels still work with it.
I am sure it is just a question of software but there are a number of software changes for MY2014 to display, for example, more information when off-roading so whether there would be an update to display the tyre pressures in real time, I do not know.

The problem with the original system is that it didn't give you early warning to avoid further damage which displaying the actual pressures does. I checked mine yesterday after a puncture and they were all a bit low, now 2.5 on the front, 2.2 on the back and the car is riding much better.

How's the new car Tim, are you pleased with it?
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's