babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Land Rover Trackstar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just received this e-mail offer, from my dealer, which reads as:

"As the launch date of the Range Rover Evoque gets ever closer, I thought it may be appropriate to let you know about Land Rover Trackstar.

As you are aware the Range Rover Evoque is a hugely desirable vehicle. While the Evoque is fitted with the latest security and anti-theft technology, a determined thief will stop at nothing to get their hands on the car of the year!

Therefore you may wish to consider fitting Land Rover Trackstar – the only stolen vehicle recovery system approved for the Range Rover Evoque, which can pinpoint the location of a stolen vehicle, meaning in the unlikely event your new Range Rover Evoque is stolen, Trackstar can assist you in locating it and getting it back.

I have attached an information leaflet, which gives more details on the system and how it works. The unit costs £399 (Fitted) with a one off Subscription cost of £407.50 for Lifetime Subscription or £147.50 per year for Annual subscription.

If you would like to discuss this further, or would like to arrange to have the system fitted please do not hesitate to contact me."

Has anybody had this unit fitted before? and if so, have you been able to claim a discount on your insurance?

Yes I have a Trakker system fitted by LPR on my FFRR, it doesn't get me any additional discount from my insurer as they don't require one for my postcode, but LPR had to fit it when they had the car on their fleet. When I purchased the car I elected not to have it enabled then some scrotes tried to steal the FFRR from my drive while I was away and I had it enabled straight away by phone call and credit card payment from the other side of the world!
The car hasn't been touched since! There are no visible signs that it has been fitted. I believe the LR in house system is a little different to the others in that there are different levels of protection - I know somebody who has the full monty version and everytime he moves the car he gets a phone call asking it he is aware the car is being moved if he has forgotten to swipe something!

James at Lookers Park Royal may be able to give some advice on what LRTracker entails

If you insure with any of the Royal Bank of Scotland offshoots (Direct Line, Churchill et al) they insist on a tracker system if the value of the car exceeds a certain level (has nothing to do with postcodes etc) and they usually insist on a Trakker system because RBS also happens to own Trakker in the UK!
I've Just read that if it's moved without your permission, it will contact the service centre automatically for you, with the exact location to recover!
I have Tracker Horizon fitted to my BMW and this costs me about £120 a year. My insurance requires it (Swiftcover) but rate is lower.
Just got a quote for my Evoque and Tracker is a condition of cover. I find rate is discounted by the same cost as the subscription.
Land Rover insurance did not want tracker and gave no discount for it, being £150 more than Swiftcover.
Yes, I think that's what I meant in my reply - if you haven't inhibited the system then you get a phone call to say your car is being moved!
Isn't GAP insurance cheaper?
Not if your insurer requires a satellite tracking system anyway
If your car gets stolen do you really want it back?? It could have been abused silly although the tracker device could in a very unlikely event catch the culprits in the vehicle in which sense it makes sense to have it!
(24-08-2011 01:16pm)LP Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't GAP insurance cheaper?

Hi You are right Gap Insurance would be cheaper but it is only designed to pay out when you car is written off. I work for a gap insurance company and we cover a lot of RR's and other types of Landrover.

But hate to say it but in most cases they are now stolen with the use of the keys. Up to 83%.

It if was me I would go for a tracker as well as gap. Tracker as a deterrent and a gap policy in case it happens. When you consider the cost of the two it is a fraction of the cost of the vehicle and still alot less than standard fully comp motor insurance.Very Happy
My dealer tried to sell me GAP insurance when I bought my 911 turbo and just as well I bothered to read the small print as it specifically excluded total loss following the theft of keys which IMHO is the most likely reason to make a claim. The TrackStar makes sense, especially if there is some sort of discount to be had throug your insurers. The price is more reasonable than some and the fact there's a lifetime subscription is welcome too. With Porsche, you pay £200 a year and there is no lifetime subscription.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's