babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: For Hotfire read Ingenium
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The motoring press are reporting from the Geneva Motor Show that at the New Engine Manufacturing Centre, JLR will be building their new Ingenium family of premium engines

These are reported to be lightweight, low-friction, low emission four-cylinder petrol and diesel units.

They are also four-cylinder two-litre petrol and diesel variants, which promise top speeds of more than 186mph but emissions lower than 100g of CO2 per km travelled.

Time for a bit more Googling now.
Ingenium, sounds like something from Vauxhall.
Apparently Latin for engine.

Or so they say!
That's odd as I didn't think that they had internal combustion engines (or engines of any type!) back in the Roman times............... LR had better come up with something a bit more convincing than that, maybe something a little more 21st Century AD not BC
Tim & Mark, my thoughts exactly.

Lost the link to the article now.

But it appears to derive from "to engineer".

Enough of that, I want to know how these things go in the real world, no doubt when the Jag XE gets tested we will have all the fanfares.
Not to get too James May pedantic, but engine has a meaning that goes back many centuries before the internal combustion engine, such as for a siege engine.
Given that is circa 2000 years since the first aeolipile (steam engine) was created I wonder if Vitruvius and Hero would approve of the amount of progress that has resulted in the forthcoming Ingenium engines.
Reference URL's