babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Recommend a dealer!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
No, not that sort of dealer..

Hi all, new member joined yesterday. Been having a read of the Forum since then and am quite impressed with all the info..

So, at the end of the month I'll be looking to place an order for my Evoque, not only will this be my first RR, but also my first brand-new car. So I'm quite looking forward to it...) I've been busy with the configurator, selecting and de-selecting this and that, until arriving at a spec that I'm happy with.

My question is this, I'm currently located in Staffordshire, and I was wondering if there are any particular dealers I should be using, and any to avoid.. Obviously I've no experience with RR dealers so decided to register on here and see if anyone has any advice..

Over to you, ladies and gents..
Welcome to the forum, you will find a lot of good advice etc.
I have used Shukers at Shrewsbury a couple of times and have had good service and deals, not too far away, ask for Neil he is now the business manager but is a good guy to deal with. I'm sure others will post with their preferred dealers.
Probably slightly too far away but I can thoroughly recommend Gordon Lamb in Chesterfield. Excellent service plus I got a free toy lamb (guess it's name) when I signed the order form.
Thanks for those comments guys.. To be honest, Chesterfield isnt too far too avoid some of the potential horrorstories that I've heard about dealers..

I really dont understand why it is when someone's spending a considerable amount of money on what could be viewed as a "prestige" car, the dealer's attitude can be very "take it or leave it".

I'm actually due to be moving to Scarborough in a couple of months actually, so that opens up the possibility of using North Yorkshire dealers too, if I cant find a decent one around Staffordshire..

However, I'll contact the ones that have been recommended so far and ask them about deposits/timescales/buildslots etc.
I would recommend Williams Manchester
I would recommend Farnells at Bradford.
Any particular reason for those recommendations?? Low deposit? decent freebies? No cock-ups etc???

One thing I can definitely do without is my vehicle arriving with incorrect/missing spec-options etc. That's something I've heard has happened more often than it should.
(02-03-2014 06:56pm)ElliotJG Wrote: [ -> ]Any particular reason for those recommendations?? Low deposit? decent freebies? No cock-ups etc???

One thing I can definitely do without is my vehicle arriving with incorrect/missing spec-options etc. That's something I've heard has happened more often than it should.

Well if Gordon the Lamb doesn't sway for you then nothing will. Laughing
(02-03-2014 08:11pm)rchip25 Wrote: [ -> ]Well if Gordon the Lamb doesn't sway for you then nothing will. Laughing

Is the lamb made of out of food and come free with a jar of mintsauce???? Because if so, then we may indeed have a sale...
If you don't mind travelling south a bit then you could try our forum sponsor Hadley Green in Barnet North London.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's