babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Trying to replace my headlights to get the signature eyebrow shape DRL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone, just got my 2013 Evoque pure plus,
unfortunately my original headlights do not have the cool looking signature DRL.
I have searched on the forums that some people replaced their headlights and they work.

however my only concern is that will the signature DRL work on my car if I purchase a new set of lights and plug them in? (knowing that my car do not have them originally)
I have a guy who can work with changing halogen to Xenons so I am not worry about that. Other than the xenon, is the xenon headlight kit going to be plug and play on my car?
Thank you very much guys.

[Image: 1275538_10151564142306213_1639146443_o.jpg]
Pure with Halogens in UK still has daylight running lights so they should work if your US spec had the "standard" LED pure style DRLs
(07-02-2014 05:15am)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Pure with Halogens in UK still has daylight running lights so they should work if your US spec had the "standard" LED pure style DRLs

The US Spec Pure Plus doesn't have DRLs at all. It has the LED light that comes on with the Parking lights and they also stay on with Low Beams and High Beams. Both settings also turn on the rear LED tail lights but there is no way to keep the front LEDs on with no other lights on (like a true day-time running light).

I'm betting there will need to be some rewiring but I'm sure it's possible. Not a simple plug and play though.
That must be something "market specific" then. You may find that if you can plug the car into an LR diagnostic computer and access the regional settings that you can change them to one of the European set-ups - we have different configurations for instance in Scandinavia and Poland for which lights come on with the DRLs. I remember going through this last year when some of us wanted the tail lights to be on as DRL's too as in some European markets that is required.
(08-02-2014 03:40pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]That must be something "market specific" then. You may find that if you can plug the car into an LR diagnostic computer and access the regional settings that you can change them to one of the European set-ups - we have different configurations for instance in Scandinavia and Poland for which lights come on with the DRLs. I remember going through this last year when some of us wanted the tail lights to be on as DRL's too as in some European markets that is required.
One of the first problems I encountered on the Evoque was driving in the dark without tail lights. It happened to me 3 times. Unfortunately, in my case, the steering wheel is hiding the green light icon on the dash.

On my car the front leds are stronger than the normal lights and the dashboard is fully illuminated as soon as the engine is started, what gives you the impression that all lights are on. I never encountered a likely situation in more than 50 years of driving. I realy would like to see the dash black as long as the rear position lights are off
Reference URL's