babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Lane Departure Warning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

New here, and after some help speccing our new RR. Assuming that the systems all work the same, has anyone specced or tried Lane Departure Warning on the Evoque, RR or RRS?

Any idea how it compares BMW, Audi etc? Is it worth it?

Thanks
Yeap got that in mine. Turn it off on anything but motorway, not sure how it compares with BMW etc. It was part of the pack so not 100% sure I'd order it as a standalone option.
It works by having a camera in the rear view mirror which tracks the white lines on the road. All fine in theory until you wonder how well it works on roads with faded marking, in the wet, in the dark, in foggy conditions and so on.

The basket of driving aids - cruise control, parking aids, blind spot monitoring, lane departure - can only have so much intelligence built into them and cannot handle all possible scenarios and they are no substitute for an alert, undistracted driver.

The other point is they add to the complexity of the car, more to go wrong, and will be worth precisely nothing at resale other than perhaps making the car a bit more saleable.

I have the surround cameras which are useful up to a point but the rest I can do without. One owner of a new RRS managed to severely damage a wheel rim the first time he used Park Assist.

I wouldn't bother.
I have it on my 2013 pure. It's called stay awake and keep your fecking eyes on the road
Not sure how it works but a stick with a sharp pointy end poked in the eye is much more effective at keeping a driver awake........................ what they need to fit is what we have on the ship............. a deafening klaxon and flashing lights - the klaxon gets louder the longer you don't acknowledge it and then after 3 minutes it wakes up the entire ship's crew...................
(06-02-2014 09:10am)speary Wrote: [ -> ]I have it on my 2013 pure. It's called stay awake and keep your fecking eyes on the road

I did not opt for any of this gadgets. A large area in the manual is dedicated to warnings and limitations of the systems. It clearly under others states that they will in no way relieve the driver of his responsibilityl . I still wonder what a clever lawyer will make out of it in case of a crash.

Someone recently mentioned on this subject : The system prevented a collision with the preceding car but killed the pedestrian on the sidewalk as he was too small to be detected.....
Reference URL's