babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Rocket Evoque
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[img][Image: widedamage.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: closeupdamage.jpg][/img]

This is the scene which greeted me on New Years day morning. Shocked
On New Years eve I was standing in our street watching a neighbours firework display, pretty good it was too.
I was particularly impressed by the large and loud rockets he was setting off.
Yes you guessed it, unknown to me at the time one of his amour piercing rockets went to work on my Evoque.
Our neighbour has accepted full blame for the damage and said he will pay for the repair. But can anyone tell me doesn't this part
of the rear roof section contain some fancy electrical bits and bobs which also might need replacing?
Must of been some rocket the rear spoiler is quite thick plastic,different story if it had been a few inches forward-pano roof would cost a lot more than a new spoiler!Crying
Hopefully no Electrics damaged but new spoiler should fit straight on might even get one from a breaker or flea bay?
Yes damage could have been much worse if it had hit the pano roof or someone. Told our neighbour that the dealer will do the replacement/repairs so he's aware it's not going to be cheap. Also that part of the roof was wrapped, so he's picking up the tab for that too.
The spoiler on pano roof cars contains the GPS antenna and the wiper motor
(03-01-2014 04:42pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]The spoiler on pano roof cars contains the GPS antenna and the wiper motor

Thanks for the info, just checked and the rear wiper and GPS seems to be functioning as normal. phew!
But I guess when they strip it down they'll know for certain.
Ouch!...... Most expensive fireworks display your neighbour will ever have.
Blimey, I often do displays with the really big rockets, sticks are quite big but are also fairly light, cant imagine it doing that much damage, a chip or scratch in the paint I could imagine, but that must have been quite an impact looking at the thickness of the plastic!
(04-01-2014 01:31am)PhilSkill Wrote: [ -> ]Blimey, I often do displays with the really big rockets, sticks are quite big but are also fairly light, cant imagine it doing that much damage, a chip or scratch in the paint I could imagine, but that must have been quite an impact looking at the thickness of the plastic!

I was really surprised too by the level of damage it caused, but when I picked out the bits from the hole I could understand why, the rockets casing was made of a solid thick plastic in a rather fetching metallic gold colour Cool
It was the colour of the bits that gave it away as a rocket, as I'm sure LR don't put that sort of bling into their vehicles Very Happy ...well not yet.
(03-01-2014 05:54pm)RREVO Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the info, just checked and the rear wiper and GPS seems to be functioning as normal. phew!
But I guess when they strip it down they'll know for certain.

It won't matter as I suspect your dealer will buy a complete spoiler with everything already installed.
This was what i found really annoying when i reversed my Evoque into safety barrier on a cold day - huge fractures to the plastic tailgate, no damage at all to any fitting except the number plate and number plate light but I had to have a complete new tailgate, supposedly supplied with all the parts pre-installed - basically unscrew damaged one and screw on a new replacement - keeps the labour charges down, but it still cost £1600 and I paid out of my pocket rather than claiming for it on insurance. Butr also a load of perfectly usable camera/ lights/ antena and wiper all got binned - terribly wasteful and not very environmentally friendly, but if those bits were stripped off the damaged tailgate then I should at least have been offered their value in a refund or as part exchange
(04-01-2014 11:36am)RREVO Wrote: [ -> ]I was really surprised too by the level of damage it caused, but when I picked out the bits from the hole I could understand why, the rockets casing was made of a solid thick plastic in a rather fetching metallic gold colour Cool
It was the colour of the bits that gave it away as a rocket, as I'm sure LR don't put that sort of bling into their vehicles Very Happy ...well not yet.

Normally any of the large display Fireworks ask for a minimum of 50m wide area around them, although I recon the big rockets could easily pass that if they go astray rather than simply vertical. To look on the bright side it could have been a lot worse with the Pano roof, windscreen edges, Bonnet or the tops of door frame which would be a nastier repair than simply replacing the spoiler.

All the best getting the repairs done!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's