babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: The perils of short term memory loss...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Managed to do some last minuet shopping, found the usual "end" spot, so reversed in locked up then proceeded to the shops. Unfortunately upon my return I had forgotten the bollard near the front near side wing, so I pulled away turning left slightly to be greeted by the most horrible crunching sound ever. Reversed to find the front passenger door looking very sorry for itself CensoredBanging Head
[Image: 4b0eb06b3df590b58d8dcb4c744df401.jpg]
Oh well, as my dad always says ; the joys of motoring son...
(21-12-2013 05:24pm)Nowaytk Wrote: [ -> ]Managed to do some last minuet shopping, found the usual "end" spot, so reversed in locked up then proceeded to the shops. Unfortunately upon my return I had forgotten the bollard near the front near side wing, so I pulled away turning left slightly to be greeted by the most horrible crunching sound ever. Reversed to find the front passenger door looking very sorry for itself CensoredBanging Head

Wink

Luckily, with your temporary amnesia, you'll have forgotten about it in the morning!
Bit of polish and you'll never notice it................
(21-12-2013 05:24pm)Nowaytk Wrote: [ -> ]Managed to do some last minuet shopping, found the usual "end" spot, so reversed in locked up then proceeded to the shops. Unfortunately upon my return I had forgotten the bollard near the front near side wing, so I pulled away turning left slightly to be greeted by the most horrible crunching sound ever. Reversed to find the front passenger door looking very sorry for itself CensoredBanging Head
[Image: 4b0eb06b3df590b58d8dcb4c744df401.jpg]

In an other topic, I mentioned the lady that reversed her brand new Evoque, 1 week old, into the garage with the hatch openCrying don't know if she hit the lift button or forgot to close the hatch. All her attention went to the to the rear camera and she was probably also distracted by all the beeping of the sensors .Anyhow the hatch folded forwards and went through the pano roof, ouch...
(22-12-2013 11:32am)Jeroma Wrote: [ -> ]In an other topic, I mentioned the lady that reversed her brand new Evoque, 1 week old, into the garage with the hatch openCrying don't know if she hit the lift button or forgot to close the hatch. All her attention went to the to the rear camera and she was probably also distracted by all the beeping of the sensors .Anyhow the hatch folded forwards and went through the pano roof, ouch...

Is there a link to that topic? Would like to hear the whole story, thanks
Couple of years ago I saw a similar thing in a multistorey car park....... Volvo Estate with 3-4 bikes on a roof rack drove into the car park entrance and as Volvo secure their roof racks to the top of the car so well, as the driver kept on going the bikes were forced against the low entrance of the car park and then peeled back the roofrack, ripping part of the car roof off............
(22-12-2013 02:13pm)mklam90 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a link to that topic? Would like to hear the whole story, thanks

Unfortunately there is no more information about the mishap itself, I mentioned it in the context of all the lovely electronic gadgets, like adaptive cruise control, that car makers fit into modern cars, sometimes many more than people can cope with.Crying
(22-12-2013 11:32am)Jeroma Wrote: [ -> ]In an other topic, I mentioned the lady that reversed her brand new Evoque, 1 week old, into the garage with the hatch openCrying don't know if she hit the lift button or forgot to close the hatch. All her attention went to the to the rear camera and she was probably also distracted by all the beeping of the sensors .Anyhow the hatch folded forwards and went through the pano roof, ouch...

If she was concentrating on the rear-view camera, wouldn't she have been looking at the roof?Confused
(22-12-2013 10:08pm)Donny Dog Wrote: [ -> ]If she was concentrating on the rear-view camera, wouldn't she have been looking at the roof?Confused
Right Donny, but it's a 180deg view camera so she probably had a good view towards the garage entry. Anyhow it's the message I received from the dealer. I did not speek to the lady herself, but the same could have happened to my wife, I still can't follow her driving logic after many...... years of marriage.Crying
I've just came across this clip of an Evoque flipped over

...and this one is on fire!

Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's