babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Rear seat entertainment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys
Advice required.
I am toiling about adding the rear seat entertainment before its too late and i have a few quieres.
- Am assuming it works via a dvd/usb file etc?
- Does it playback audio through all the speakers only? or is there a audio jack socket out that headfones can be connected to?
- When it plays through the speakers does it mean me and the wife have to listen to mickey mouse too or can it play on rear speakers only?
- Whats the price and does anyone have a link or PDF with detailed information.

Sorry if there abit daft but looking for some experienced advice on wether its worth the money.
Thanks for the replys.
Paul
Sorry can't remember the price at the moment, but the RSE comes with 2x wireless headphone ( the same as you get for the front ). Haven't tried USB yet but tv & DVD can either played through speakers or just the headphones. Hope this helps
Cost is about £2800 I think.

Personally I would skip it, buy an iPad, buy an iPad holder that slips over the seat and go with that. At least then you aren't stuck with technology that will (eventually) go out of date?
You can play movies to the front and rear monitors or just the rear monitors.
The sound can be played for all to hear through the speakers or you can have all listen to the sound through the supplied head phones. You can also have ur kids in the back only watch and listen to the movies whilst u listen to music in the front.
You can control the back monitors from the front monitor or there is a supplied remote that controls all too.

As for value for money I'd say it is a very expensive option, I bought mine as I drive around Europe for Hols, but when I'm home I hardly ever use it, for the price I wish I'd bought 2x ipad minis with holders and some wired headphones for a third of the price and the kids can use the iPads on the go too!

U can play movies from a USB stick that u have downloaded but I found the sound was not brilliant.

Hope this helps
Onebigjobby
Thanks for the replys all questions answered, sounds really good but must admit almost 3k is abit expensive. Can you get any ipad holder i.e we have a mini ipad.
Thanks
Paul
Have a look on ebay loads of different one's available.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-HEADREST-S...338416049d
LR dealers also sell iPad holders for front heat backs, they fit all models seats except the Plus Pack - there's nothing to find the Plus seats anywhere, not even seat covers can be bought for them, pity because they are such any expensive option they deserve more protection than the standard seats
Reference URL's