babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Curbed Hard!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I was driving along yesterday on a road wide enough for two cars. There were two cars in front of me, not quite side by side, but staggered. I was behind a car on the left. As we clear a crossroad the car in front moves right suddenly and reveals that the road exiting the crossroad is slightly narrower. Mis-judging the distance from the curb I hit it at approx 40mph (probably a bit less) with the front O/S wheel. Though it made a loud noise I don’t think I hit it head on as I didn't mount the curb.

The car doesn't pull or handle any differently since the scrape. But I did visual inspection as best I could and couldn't see any damage to the shock absorber, that said it’s hard to say without taking the whole wheel off...

Suggestions would be welcome!

Pic of damaged alloy here

Thanks
(13-12-2013 01:32pm)funguf Wrote: [ -> ]So I was driving along yesterday on a road wide enough for two cars. There were two cars in front of me, not quite side by side, but staggered. I was behind a car on the left. As we clear a crossroad the car in front moves right suddenly and reveals that the road exiting the crossroad is slightly narrower. Mis-judging the distance from the curb I hit it at approx 40mph (probably a bit less) with the front O/S wheel. Though it made a loud noise I don’t think I hit it head on as I didn't mount the curb.

The car doesn't pull or handle any differently since the scrape. But I did visual inspection as best I could and couldn't see any damage to the shock absorber, that said it’s hard to say without taking the whole wheel off...

Suggestions would be welcome!

Pic of damaged alloy here

Thanks

These things often sound loud/big hit when they are not. If the car doesn't pull to a side or the wheel wobble when you drive then sounds like the trackling etc is fine. Next step: look in the yellow pages and find a wheel refurbisher - shouldn't be more than £75.WinkWink
It's a Land Rover, meant to be able to handle the rough and tumble of a rough country road or a Rocky Mountain path. If no apparent damage though might be worth getting the wheel alignment checked out otherwise you could suffer accelerated tyre wear
I would certainly get the tyre checked out. It could have internal damage and you don't want a blow out at speed
Thanks all, still driving fine but I'll get the tire checked out Smile
Reference URL's