babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Snow in Saudi Arabia?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You wouldn't believe it but yes! OK so it's very high up but this morning I looked out of my window from Aqaba to see the mountains in Saudi and also to the north of us here white with snow. Amman apparently has 10-20cms and the main highway from Aqaba to Amman is closed, even Eilat, the winter sunshine resort in Israel is hidden under big black clouds disgorging rain this afternoon just like we have in Aqaba.
(13-12-2013 12:02pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]You wouldn't believe it but yes! OK so it's very high up but this morning I looked out of my window from Aqaba to see the mountains in Saudi and also to the north of us here white with snow. Amman apparently has 10-20cms and the main highway from Aqaba to Amman is closed, even Eilat, the winter sunshine resort in Israel is hidden under big black clouds disgorging rain this afternoon just like we have in Aqaba.

Makes a change for us to be warmer than somewhere for once Smile
It was reported yesterday that it had snowed in Cairo as well. First time in 112 years.

This is the world just making you feel at home.

I trust you have a 4x4 at your disposal.
No I have a 0x0! No wheels at all and a propellor, but you certainly won't want it's fuel bill - we do gallons per mile rather than MPG! http://www.fleetmon.com/en/vessels/Safma...gami_38769 it's quite useful in severe flooding though!
That one looks a different beasty to the one you posted before.

I'm so naive, I thought you sailed on the same vessel each time, Airplane Captains don't do they so why should ships be any different. Duh.Embarrassed
Reference URL's