babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Privacy Glass
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hi everyone.

Am thinking of adding privacy glass to my order (if dealer will allow me)

Can anyone tell me which windows the glass is added to, ie is it just rear passenger windows, or rear passenger and rear window or all windows?

Also does anyone have a view for how dark it makes the interior (am getting panaramic so maybe its ok).

Thanks for any advice

Very Happy
The privacy glass is to all windows behind the driver/passenger doors ie. rear screen and side rear windows.It is quite dark from the outside but not so noticeable when looking out the vehicle.
If you are getting the pano roof it will not be an issue anyway.
As far as im concerned as well as xenons its the biggest styling must have.
As far as I'm concerned it's the biggest must not!
Too bad we're not getting the privacy glass nor the solar-attenuated glass option here... Sad
(21-08-2011 11:24pm)paulus599 Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I'm concerned it's the biggest must not!

... unless you have the desire to look like a drug dealer or general miscreant!
Laughing Laughing
You might think privacy looks rediculous (for many years I did too) but I had no option but to take it with my current car which is the first car I have owned with it. It was already fitted when I purchased the car. LR's privacy glass is way darker than many manufacturers fit - it is almost limo tint. I have specced it this time not because I want to look like a drug dealer( in which case I would have tinted the front side glasses too with limo tint) but because I think the coupe looks even better with it. It does help to keep the interior cooler of the few sunny days we get up here, but it also makes it almost impossible for somebody looking into the back of the car to see what of value might have accidentally been left on the rear seats.
I have decided to add privacy glass to my order as I like the look of it. I did wonder how dark it would make the interior as I have ordered black leather, but with the panoramic roof it adds so much more light. The only thing I wasn't sure about was if ebony headliner would that make it too dark so I have stuck with ivory.
I understand the additional benefit of having privacy glass is that it helps keep the cabin cool which is why i have gone for it. Apart from the fact it will make my car look like a van!
The other benefit is if you have young children, you don't have to plaster the windows with the fugly shades that are available
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reference URL's