babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: roof antenna?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i got mine yesterday the MY14 9 speed auto, i have the fuji white, but found the antenna on it is black....no pano roof opted..

is this an option that i didn't notice?
(27-11-2013 12:27pm)phpandsql Wrote: [ -> ]i got mine yesterday the MY14 9 speed auto, i have the fuji white, but found the antenna on it is black....no pano roof opted..

is this an option that i didn't notice?

No, all non pano roof cars get a black covered dome on the roof. I was going to get mine spayed to silver to match the roof, but now I have had the car for a while I have left it black to complement the black spolier lip and the rest of the car.
It is recommended that you don't paint the antenna too.
(27-11-2013 02:34pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]It is recommended that you don't paint the antenna too.
Why? Surely a layer of paint wouldn't affect the GPS signalQuestion
That's odd! I hadn't noticed that before but there again I have a black roof.
The signals from the satellites are very weak, parking under trees in leaf is enough to shade you from the signals
(27-11-2013 08:57pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]The signals from the satellites are very weak, parking under trees in leaf is enough to shade you from the signals

Worth notoing that on a Jag XF they are painted body colour and are the same part.......ConfusedConfusedConfused
Are they painted or made in body colour though?
(27-11-2013 09:18pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Are they painted or made in body colour though?

Don't know, I have just observed that they match the roof colour - even fewer XF's than RRE's in Germany!
I think that most paints have a metallic component which would shield the antenna.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's