babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Outstanding Campaigns on TOPIx
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
finally got my VIN and soon will get my car, however on TOPIx, i saw a few outstanding campaigns:

Outstanding Campaigns:
Q354 - PARK AID MODULE SOFTWARE UPDATE
Q356 - AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION INTERRUPTION
Q355 - ROTARY GEAR SHIFT SELECTOR FAILS TO RISE

Does this mean it is not done yet??

the car already called over not yet with dealer tho.
If your car hasn't been built yet then they will be done on the production line, Q356 has been the reason all 2014MY Autos have been held back at dealers
Q355 is quite old. If you car has built then the dealer should apply the updates at PDI. They won't like you for doing it but you could ask them to ensure that the updates are done before you will take delivery
(21-11-2013 08:33pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]If your car hasn't been built yet then they will be done on the production line, Q356 has been the reason all 2014MY Autos have been held back at dealers
Q355 is quite old. If you car has built then the dealer should apply the updates at PDI. They won't like you for doing it but you could ask them to ensure that the updates are done before you will take delivery

Ah ok I thought the factory let dealer call over coz they haves fixed those... I shall def check them, thanks!
I have had my VIN number for nearly a week. and Topix still says it is not valid.

According to the dealer the car is built, off assembly line. has had all updates and is now awaiting shipment?
Why all the interest in what is on Topix? There's nothing you can do now if you see there is an error in the build like it's a Dynamic without the dynamic button!
(22-11-2013 03:06pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Why all the interest in what is on Topix? There's nothing you can do now if you see there is an error in the build like it's a Dynamic without the dynamic button!

I beg to disagree....

If I'd had my VIN and TOPIx access before I took delivery of my first car, I'd have been pre-warned that the bloody dealership had entered the build spec wrong and wouldn't have had to suffer the bullsh1t from the salesman about how "...it was my imagination that the headlining colour was wrong" and that he'd checked and it was 100% guaranteed it WAS the correct Cirrus headlining colour that I'd ordered and it was definitely NOT Ivory, even though it looked like Ivory and not grey.

After I found out by registering on TOPIx and keying in my VIN and complaining to the dealership, I then get told by my dealer principal "... we didn't realise that the customer could get access to TOPIx and THAT much information about the vehicle spec"

I can fully understand why people want and should have access to TOPIx to check they are getting delivered what they ordered. Dealerships and Salesmen (in my experience) cannot be trusted. The written word on TOPIx doesn't lie, unlike the dealership staff who can and do (in my experience Wink )
Lol. Sooooo any idea why I can't view my car with the VIN number given by dealers
(22-11-2013 10:37pm)chani1312 Wrote: [ -> ]Lol. Sooooo any idea why I can't view my car with the VIN number given by dealers

Yes, cos the data load on TOPIx isn't a daily thing - it seems that with all the data relating to vehicle VIN (spec, outstanding campaigns etc) there can be up to 2 weeks delay, so it depends on where in the cycle you are as to how long the data is 'missing'.

With my second car, I could see it a couple of days after the dealer had given it to me so my VIN was issued near to the upload but my mates FL2 wasn't on TOPIx until just before it was delivered.

It seems that as with everything JLR, there are in-built delays in the system(s)
Reference URL's