babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Commandshift in D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just noticed that the paddles for the commandshift are operating when the gear selector is in 'D'. According to the manualExclamation the paddles should only operate when in 'S'. Anyone else find this?
Mine has always operated that way. Never read the manual so can't comment... but as far as I know it's always there as an override option.
Paddles operate in both D and S, always have. In S though you will go all the way to the rev limiter before the gearbox will shift up if you don't pull the + paddle first out of mechanical sympathy. Once in S the box will stay in S, in D if you manually shift then after 15-20 seconds the box will revert to automatic mode if you don't touch the paddles.
Many thanks. Saves me a visit to the dealer!
I'd like to add that I find myself using the up paddle quite a lot to try to save at least a little fuel. Anyone else find that the gearbox only seems to shift up in D at over 2000 rpm?
Yes I was the same, often it was shifts from 5th to 6th that I forced the upshift with, especially on cold mornings when the heated seats, heated screens and heated steering wheel had all been on, it was very reluctant to upshift above 55mph into 6th. My previous Range Rovers have all had smart autos that could be "taught" your driving style - unfortunately the Aisin gearbox in pre-2014MY isn't an adaptive/learning gearbox whereas the ZF that is coming is smart
I allways thought the RRE had the leaning gearbox in the auto modelShocked
Not sure how much of a difference it makes, but the dealers use this against any slow take off complaints saying its leant from the drivers driving habits.
(16-11-2013 05:35pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]unfortunately the Aisin gearbox in pre-2014MY isn't an adaptive/learning gearbox whereas the ZF that is coming is smart

That's a tidbit I had not picked up on, thanks for sharing!
If it is a learning gearbox then mine must have had a pretty poor memory, unlike the previous RR's and RRS's I've owned the car never had to be re-taught after the battery had been disconnected for servicing or flat battery problems. For example never once would it upshift from 5th to 6th after I pulled the paddle to force it, in previous RR's with the ZF gearbox I only ever had to commandshift once after a service and then it would do it on it's own until the next service
So how does a learning gearbox work with two drivers with different driving styles?

-- Paul
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's