babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: front reading lamp switches ON by itself
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
recently my front right reading lamp switches ON by itself! weird....
Try cleaning them first. They are touch sensitive, chances are the dirt or oil is registered as a touch of finger.
I also found in my car now gone that adjusting the rear view mirror got your hand close enough to switch the driver's side one on. You don't actually have to touch the surface to operate them, just put your hand very close should be enough
There is a TOPIx bulletin about this issue - it requires the replacement of the PCB in the light assembly.

Unfortunately my TOPIx sub has expired so I can't get the pdf off, but have a look through the list of SSM's and you should be able to find the bulletin number to report to your dealer.
Thanks for that, I mentioned it to Lookers when my car was booked in and they told me they would charge an obscene amount of money to diagnose a no fault found, so I will tell them to look at Topix. I have the problem with driver's side reading light.
(14-11-2013 07:23am)mark_n Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for that, I mentioned it to Lookers when my car was booked in and they told me they would charge an obscene amount of money to diagnose a no fault found, so I will tell them to look at Topix. I have the problem with driver's side reading light.

Ehhh....warranty???
(14-11-2013 08:21am)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote: [ -> ]Ehhh....warranty???
It's not unusual to (try to) charge for stuff they can't diagnose.
the warranty covers stuff they can diagnose/observe.
(14-11-2013 07:23am)mark_n Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for that, I mentioned it to Lookers when my car was booked in and they told me they would charge an obscene amount of money to diagnose a no fault found, so I will tell them to look at Topix. I have the problem with driver's side reading light.

If you can demonstrate the problem to them then they can't play the no fault found card and try to charge you
will have this checked tomorrow Smile
Bruno, I hope all is well with you and your family over there. My ship's crew have been badly hit with not being able to communicate with family out on the islands
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's