babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Storm Damage - Help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Had the misfortune Crying to have some roof tiles fly off the roof and land on my Evoque! Definite damage I can see is to the windscreen - shattered and panoramic roof - shattered! Just checked and also noticed damage to the front passenger door.

House insurance or car insurance? I suspect the latter. Sad

Land Rover recovery vehicle on its way...
House insurance (preferably next door's! )
This happened to me about thirty years ago, and both insurers claimed it was the other's responsibility, so both denied liability!
Very sorry to hear of your damage Samson, please do tell us about the insurance outcome as well as your satisfaction, or otherwise with the repairs.
Ouch that's bad luck! Hadn't considered items dropping off the roof for this Storm (or slightly more windy then usual day here in Oxfordshire) Good luck with the Insurance and repairs.
(28-10-2013 08:05am)Samson Wrote: [ -> ]Had the misfortune Crying to have some roof tiles fly off the roof and land on my Evoque!

oof! sorry to hear about that. Must be heavy tiles, like slate or something?
Thanks for your support. Yes slate tiles flew off the roof ridges this morning at 6.30am. Landed on the roof and windscreen, bonnet and also hit both front and possible rear doors as well (as well as smashing next door neighbours window).

LR Recovery has taken the car to my dealers body shop. Awaiting inspection.

Insurance will not provide courtesy car as I chose to go to dealer's body shop instead of one of their approved. When I asked about the smashed panoramic roof - they said that their approved body shop would have to subcontract that out to the dealership any way so better off with the dealership body shop but still they would not provide a courtesy car!

Lookers Park Royal don't have anything themselves for three weeks and their body shop might have a courtesy car for me in a weeks time Sad. So working from home for this week at least!
Sorry to read about the storm damage - I'm in South East Denmark and this afternoon it has been awful - no rain but very very strong winds. All the ferries are off here on the Danish east coast, the railways shutdown and the major bridges all closed - this morning when I went into the company offices here the gardens were covered in fallen leaves............. no sign of a single leave now, they've all become somebody else's downwind of us! Have seen a few trees down but we haven't had any power cuts (yet).
We had our Civic damaged by next doors mortar coming away in strong winds. Saga insurance (who insured our neighbour) claimed 'Act of God' and refused to pay out, she was livid with them when they told her... We went halves on the small amount of damage in the end rather than involve the insurance companies. They are quick to take money, slow to give any back.
I hope the repairs are done to your satisfaction and very speedily if they won't provide a courtesy car.
Update: received a courtesy Mini Cooper last Thursday from the body shop. Feels strange driving low down and in a small car after the Evoque. But good to be mobile again. Insurance approved and repairs should begin tomorrow - estimated 3-4 weeks at a cost of £5500! Shocked

Hate to think what its going to do my premium which is due for renewal end of this month! Confused
Reference URL's