babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Black wheels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We have already discussed the "coolness" of these but today I remembered why, while they are beautiful to behold, they are a pain in the butt to keep clean. Road dirt is generally light coloured and on black wheels shows very quickly - this morning I was washing my Defender 90 which has Anthracite coloured ZU rims It hasn't moved a wheel in 4 months but the wheels are filthy with general dust and muddy water stains and it really shows so big job cleaning the alloys this morning. So if you aren't a detailing freak then black wheels are not for you!
These lighter than black wheels really show the dirt too
[Image: 1433a600.jpg]
The same can be said for a black car,Never again.
I fitted a 30ppm water filter, to stop my car drying with White spots before I had dryed it off.
Very hard water in Suffolk.
Last (and only!) black car I had was back in 1994 - a metallic Black Volvo 480ES.............. The best colour for not showing the dirt that I have had is Stornoway Grey - the last RRS and the FFRR went for weeks and weeks and weeks without a wash and never showed the dirt until the winter when road salt white dust showed on top of all the other dirt!
The last (and like Tim the very last) black car I ever owned was, wait for it..... an MG Metro. (OK, I know but someone had to! Confused )

Never again, I must have tried every type of car wash and polish that was available but it was still bloody hard work and lasted about 5 mins. It wasn't a metallic though, which will make a difference and there's nothing can match the look of a freshly detailed black car (IMHO of course).

Now what about this white one I've ordered? Shocked
I had an MG Metro too but mine was Opaline Green! Then I had several MG Maestro 2.0ltrs.
OH white cars don't get as dirty as you would think, problem is when you go anywhere near roadworks with fresh tar................
Stop rubbishing black cars, mine will look great (for the first week at least) Confused

Happy times eh? My Mum had a MG metro in BRG and my Dad had a MG Maestro Rolling Eyes in white at the same time. He then traded it in for a XJS convertible without her knowing - she never forgave him! XJS still on the road now though!
Reference URL's