babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Removable accessories?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I've got an Evoque Pure Tech on order as a company car Very Happy

A question I'm hoping people may be able to help with is around accessories people think are good/required additions, but which can be removed when I have to hand the car back in 4-5 years time. I'm already above my allowance, so anything new I add to the car at the dealer will need to be paid for in full and effectively 'lost' when I give the car back. Whereas if I can buy the accessories privately and fit myself I can then sell (or re-use) eventually when the car goes back!

I know, it sucks to be already thinking of the car going back when I haven't even got it yet but that's just me.

I like the look of black roof rails but I'm worried that they can't be removed and leave the car as it was when delivered.

Cheers for any advice!
I can only think of Mats and Rubber boot lining / Boot rails, Side protection tubes, fire extinguisher, torch, triangle...

Roof rails, don't see why if you fit yourself you can't revert the fittingif you keep the finishing plates, but someone who has actually fitted them would know for sure.

Everything else is built in and wouldn't remove cleanly.
(25-10-2013 02:37pm)goofyboarder Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

I've got an Evoque Pure Tech on order as a company car Very Happy

A question I'm hoping people may be able to help with is around accessories people think are good/required additions, but which can be removed when I have to hand the car back in 4-5 years time. I'm already above my allowance, so anything new I add to the car at the dealer will need to be paid for in full and effectively 'lost' when I give the car back. Whereas if I can buy the accessories privately and fit myself I can then sell (or re-use) eventually when the car goes back!

I know, it sucks to be already thinking of the car going back when I haven't even got it yet but that's just me.

I like the look of black roof rails but I'm worried that they can't be removed and leave the car as it was when delivered.

Cheers for any advice!

Remove the Tech Pack and save the money wasted on the 1990's graphics nav system?
You don't say if the car is already ordered, if not then remove the tech pack, add the Xenons, spare wheel and electric tailgate and if the budget stretches the heated steering wheel (great for cold mornings if the car has to sit outside overnight in the winter), you'll loose them all at hand back time BUT you will have had 4-5 years use of some very useful options.

Sorry I've just found from your post in the "Orders" section that the order is already placed but all is not lost if you are dealing direct with a dealership as there is still plenty of time to change the spec if you want to. Not sure if you can do that if you are ordering through a leasing company or fleet manager, but you should be able to alter the order up to a month before build
Thanks for the replies - so the Sat Nav not that well rated then!? I've added it as I will be travelling a lot around the UK and liked the idea of an integrated system. (I've been driving around with a Garmin for the last few years and the cables and sticking it to the windscreen just looks 'naff' to me considering how much I'm spending on the car!)

I've already ordered the xenons but didn't choose the spare wheel or electric tailgate although was tempted. Might have to rethink that decision. Can the spare wheel be added after delivery or will there not be space for it if I don't spec it?

I've also added contrast black pano roof, pure style pack for the 19" alloys, fogs, electric seats etc and privacy glass.

I know that people suggest keeping the 18" wheels due to the ride quality but I just loved the look of the bigger wheels!

(25-10-2013 03:52pm)PhilSkill Wrote: [ -> ]I can only think of Mats and Rubber boot lining / Boot rails, Side protection tubes, fire extinguisher, torch, triangle...

Roof rails, don't see why if you fit yourself you can't revert the fittingif you keep the finishing plates, but someone who has actually fitted them would know for sure.

Everything else is built in and wouldn't remove cleanly.

Cheers PhilSkill... Some good ideas there.
Adding the spare wheel later is very expensive and the boot liner is different which doesn't help. If you do go that route then make sure that you keep the original liner.
The built in satnav is good but overpriced and can only be updated by disk at £200+, no speed cams on it although I believe that you can import them as points of interest.
I'm used to the system as I've had it in the last 3 cars and have no issues other than the cost and the fact that it can be a bit slow
(25-10-2013 05:49pm)goofyboarder Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the replies - so the Sat Nav not that well rated then!? I've added it as I will be travelling a lot around the UK and liked the idea of an integrated system. (I've been driving around with a Garmin for the last few years and the cables and sticking it to the windscreen just looks 'naff' to me considering how much I'm spending on the car!)

I have a Garmin nüvi 2595 LMT with lifetime updates, speed cameras, full junction assist with actual signposts etc. It is very fast and TMC and detour are spot on so much better than the RR system (IMHO). Sadly I now use this in mine and completely ignore the RR system.
Purpose designed GPS units have to be good to sell, built in you get what you get, not quite as good, but it works perfectly well if not as modern looking and a bit clunky, but the convenience having built in if travelling around is much better than having to setup, remove from windscreen every time you park up, get back in, no wires etc.
Reference URL's